Workshop manual

tom7035

Reaction score
Hi people.
I've had two DVD's from eBay (Merc TIS Manual, DVD 1 & 2 but no instructions with them) for a couple of weeks, but can't get it to install. Just nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I run Windows XP Home, and might add I'm not very computer-literate. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Tom.

woodturner-fran

Reaction score
230TE covered

PaulCallendaer,

I've just looked up the star WIS 2 DVD set that I have and it covers the 230TE.

Fran

woodturner-fran

Reaction score
You need to be careful on this. The Haynes type manual on DVD is the Star WIS system (werkstattin informationsystem). The Star TIS is technical information system - of limited use. The Star EPC is the electronic parts system - gives yoiu a list of part numbers and so on.

It seems to me that the opne that you really want is the WIS system, 2DVD set, all models USA/Euro, Tractors, Unimog and Smart, bus truck, light and heavy commercial and 4WD vehicles.

If anyone is looking for it I can root out the guy I bought mine from on EBay and I'm sure he can supply. He was sound.

Fran

carson356

Reaction score
wis

i will provide any and all assistance i can with wis usage and setup at no cost, i do sell the wis, epc and stardiagnosis to any that need it

clive williams

Reaction score
coully said:
www.ebay.co.uk will get you the real Mercedes WIS (workshop information system) on 2 x DVDs for £9.95. ou will need XP pro, windows NT of W2K to load it (not good for XP Home). Covers ALL models from 1993 to 2003 but will need 5 gig of space on your PC. Its for Merc dealers so has absolutely everything you will ever need.

I second this. I have a 1986 - 2002 WIS manual on 2 DVDs from e-bay, which work well on XP home edition. You have all the models within the year band and I haven't found any difficiencies yet. It is of course, oriented to the experienced fitter but anybody with engineering empathy should find it better than useful. Haynes is definitely going down hill.

Clive

500E
E320CDIT210

woolf

Reaction score
WARNING

I recently bought the WIS 2-DVD manual and although it contains a lot of information on many models, it DOES NOT contain any info on the 107 models :sad:

turnipsock

Reaction score
tom7035 said:
Hi people.
I've had two DVD's from eBay (Merc TIS Manual, DVD 1 & 2 but no instructions with them) for a couple of weeks, but can't get it to install. Just nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I run Windows XP Home, and might add I'm not very computer-literate. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Tom.

I think there is a file on the DVD that you need to print out. It describes how to install the thing. It's quite a long process but if you follow it step by step it works.

I think it's about three pages.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
cmdr737 said:
I intend to carry out as much routine maintenance on my 92' 500SL, R129, as possible. Where do i purchase a workshop manual?

Haynes does not support the R129, is that correct?

Walther
I got a paper edition from US ebay it covers models up to 96, its better than the CD's.

Malcolm

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Don't know if these links help anybody.

You can download the manuals for some MBs (including the E320) in PDF format from http://mb.braingears.com/.

Also: -
http://www.manualsunlimited.com/prod...ducts_id=11106 BUT USA spec

In addition: -
www.russek-manuals.co.uk retails at just under £20, postage included uk but costs a bit more for customers abroad. It is very informative. However it does not cover the body work or interior, but it's a very good reference for all things electrical & mechanical.
The thread for this is

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/gen...des-benz-workshop-manuals-class-included.html

Hope there's something useful here.

Also useful at times
www.motorbooks.co.uk
www.autobooksdirect.com

Top Bottom