PINBALL

PINBALL

Reaction score
Website
www.coin-opcommunity.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 E230 / 124 E220 /124 E280 /210 E320 CDI Wagons
Love watching 'car crash TV'

Having been a former HGV 1 driver myself I'm always shocked to see how careless HGV truck drivers are when passing cyclists without indicating to traffic behind that there Is an obstruction in front, whilst white van man is too busy playing with the phone to be concerned with preserving someones life.

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
Taxis, Taxis, TAXIS have no consideration or even know what the indicators are for!
Re indicators - not just taxis. Quite rare to see the scrupulous use of indicators at the right time,or as you say even at all often. 'If I think about it I might,but not really important is it?' seems to be the attitude.

OP
PINBALL

PINBALL

Reaction score
Website
www.coin-opcommunity.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 E230 / 124 E220 /124 E280 /210 E320 CDI Wagons
As I was taught on my HGV course its always important to indicate wherever, it doesn't cost anything and even when you think nobody is around to make any difference, is the time you need to do it most, or do not so at your peril.

Even when reversing, its a good idea to bring it to everyones attention by deploying the 4 way flashers just in case the reversing lamps are not working.

JohnArnoldBrown

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI Estate 2003
My hate list:
Those who don't adhere to the 2 second rule(actually, a lot don't even have 0.5 seconds betweeen them and the car in front)

Those who don't indicate(seems to be an inverse square law relating size/cost of SUV and indicator use)

People who think it's OK to intentionally cause a hazard(I know I'm not supposed to stop here, but I need to use the ATM, so as long as I put the hazards on I'm OK, right?)

And when I'm in cycle mode:
Pedestrians who step out right in front of me on zebra crossings. I know it's their right of way, but it's inconsiderate.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
My list.

1. All other road users.
2. Cyclists in addition (double plus unlike).

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Oi, I'm a highly considerate driver. I let other people use my road!

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Talking of airports, don't forget the folks leaving in rental cars from there, usually off a long flight and clueless about the car, location or anything really!
I'm always wary of 'new' reg cars around Heathrow :) especially at roundabouts....our USA cousins struggle with negotiating them....(the 'magic roundabout' near Hatton Cross with mini roundabouts around a large central roundabout can at times be hilarious/terrifying depending how far away from the 'action' you are! :)

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
Worst drivers = anyone who drives an Audi.

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
White Van Man!

Oldies in Hondas never exceedint 25 MPH anywhere.

...and cyclists squeezed into too-tight lycra, jamming up the roads around Epsom Downs every weekend......you're riding an Off-Road bike....get off the ****** road!

....and Beemer drivers of course. But judging by the way othere drivers treat them (NEVER let them out), and the fact they're stuck with a Beemer, maybe they've suffered enough..

When riding a bike, cars that desperately squeeze past you, only to crash-brake and turn left.

.....kids on mopeds witrh 100dB exhausts, driven flat out all the time......on a roll now...

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
White Van Man
everyone comments on this but very few have actually DONE the job. the COMPANY tells you WHERE you have to be there. the company and/or the customer tells you WHEN you have to be there. fine if you only have 1 delivery/collection. but that's rarely the case. look at all the parcel couriers around. I KNOW (as ive done it during a spell working with an agency)that the vans cant leave the depot until a set time (waiting for the HGV deliveries to the depot with the parcels) and I had deliveries where I had to be at a certain place for a timed drop, which was possible as it was the first job after leaving the depot which was an 8am depart from the depot. (and before anyone says I should have complained, I did and was told either get on with it or id be swapped with someone else from the agency, and the permanent drivers were treated exactly the same!!!) the first delivery was a timed delivery, before 9am. 30 mins down the road and we were 'allowed' a total of 5 mins to find somewhere to park, unload the parcel(s) take to the delivery point, get a signature etc. so by now its about 8,40am. my next delivery also a before 9am is about 10 mins away, so I arrive and park, unload, deliver etc, at around 8.55am. except I still have about 30 mins driving to do, and 2 more before 9am deliveries to do. then 3 before 10am deliveries (by which point I MIGHT be able to do 1 before 10am) and so it went on. add to these awkward time sensitive drops that there were also around 100 other drops to fit in around them whilst you were in each particular town/village and suddenly its no fun. to the point where unless you are a MANIAC, you wont keep your job long. so the next time you complain about a van trying to get past you, when you are out for a nice leisurely drive, remember that the poor sod behind you isn't insane, theyre trying to earn a living (or at least KEEP their job) as jobs are easy to lose, especially in the van driver trade. its the main reason (apart from the fact I hate multi drop) why I got out as soon as I could.

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
Turbopete,

Despite my nomination, I do sympathise with White Van Man's situation. I get a LOT of parcels addressed to me, and the driver can park outside my house making the delivery pretty low-stress, But I can imagine delivering to flat on the top of a Grenville House-type block and not getting as nicking for parking to be enormously stressful.....I certainly couldn't handle it these days..

One point though, I certaibnly NEVER go "out for a nice leisurely drive".....I'm always rushing to get somewhere due to cr*p time estimation..

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Turbopete,

Despite my nomination, I do sympathise with White Van Man's situation. I get a LOT of parcels addressed to me, and the driver can park outside my house making the delivery pretty low-stress, But I can imagine delivering to flat on the top of a Grenville House-type block and not getting as nicking for parking to be enormously stressful.....I certainly couldn't handle it these days..

One point though, I certaibnly NEVER go "out for a nice leisurely drive".....I'm always rushing to get somewhere due to cr*p time estimation..

when I was on the parcels, it was in the wilds of Cumbria and the Lakes so often finding a property or business was a pure nightmare. however my comments of being on a 'leisurely drive' were not aimed at anyone but a generic thought. I once sounded my horn to inform a driver they were causing a road block by stopping for no reason. a guy at the roadside shouted across 'theyre letting people cross the road' to which I responded 'its not a crossing, that's 20 yards away (true but the people crossing the road couldn't be bothered to use the 'proper' crossing) and they (in front) have ALL DAY to do what theyre doing, ive got timed jobs and need to earn a living'
and yes, I used to think 'white van man' was a menace too, even in the sticks, until I tried to actually DO their job! and its a job you cant win with. if youre employed, youre expected to do the impossible even if only to get your basic pittance (I mean minimum wage) never mind a bonus. agency staff have it worse as they have all the issues and no job security. if you are self employed you get paid per delivery so again you have to make up the numbers as a contractor, or if you are truly freelance, you can choose the routes, times and jobs but struggle to make a living. I think so many people fail to realise this when they complain about van drivers. all I say is try it and see how easy it is to do what you have to do to earn a living or just keep the job, and be as considerate as you would like van drivers to be.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
All the buggers who use the outside lane except ME....that’s my lane and don’t forget it! Want to do reasonable speed? Ok do it in the middle or inside not the outside!;)

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 '63 E350 coupe amg sport
All the buggers who use the outside lane except ME....that’s my lane and don’t forget it! Want to do reasonable speed? Ok do it in the middle or inside not the outside!;)
I'm with you on this, in fact can we go one stage further, and clear the roads in total when I'm traveling?
I don't want queues and congestion- who does?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I'm with you on this, in fact can we go one stage further, and clear the roads in total when I'm traveling?
I don't want queues and congestion- who does?
Seems entirely fair to me!!

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
As long as you have a really good anti-snaking device. :) :)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom