Would you swap?

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
Hello,

Following some niggles, so to speak with my 2011 E350 CDI and the main dealers inability to simply admit there is something wrong woth a car under warranty (costs them nothing to fix in reality as it all comes from MBs pocket) I habe had enough.

Going to fight my corner somehow for them to take the car back and wipe the rest of the finance (admittedly a long shot), as I fell I should not have to live with it, or pay for it for that matter when it is covered under tier 1. All the answers I get are unsatisfactory, or no answer at all if they don’t know what to say, or know that I am right.

I know this is an MB forum, but has anoyone jumped ship to the 530d from here? Looking at a year for year swap roughly (2012 or newer for BMW) due to 8 speed ZF, lower tax, better fuel, faster (just a tad but nevertheless).

Anyone got any experience with the 5 or getting a dealer to take a car back even?

Many thanks in advance.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
It would be interesting to know what the problem you have is.

With regards to the 530d I did try one before purchasing my current E350 S212.

They are a lovely drive and seem well put together, I preferred the Mercedes but in all honesty very little in it for me.

The Mercedes E350 are normally reliable and a lovely car to own, maybe you have been unlucky.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Mr Filipov

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
It’s little niggles to the likes of failing stat, but I will not cover this to death as I have already done.
On a side note to that they could not tell me what the life expectancy of the part it, but I doubt 6 years is reasonable.

Vibration coming from the steering wheel rake when turning the wheel whilst the car is stationary (they could not hear it, would you believe?)

A bit of rust coming through on the door, but apparently in the process of a claim, which got declined due to not having supplied the correct pictures of the car (dealer, not me).

I know none of the above are the end of the world, but at that price point and from a main dealer, surely it is not acceptable. I am now fed up of chasing people etc to the point where I want to get rid and jump ship.

Stuck by Mercedes after my first one aka the money pit which was at my indie every other month, but I have had enough now.

Also, I know not relevant to the issue at hand, I do mot find the seats too comfortable for me, but if it was only that, I would get on with it. If all the other bits got taken care of, I would be more than happy to deal with the seats.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Yes agree Mr Filipov once you have a few problems confidence can go so sounds like the best option is to get rid of.

I purchased a new car a few years ago and sold it at less than a year old with around five thousand miles on clock due to a rattle from the dash. (The wife could hear nothing though)

I have the standard sports seats in mine and find them extremely comfortable, they are quite firm though which is what I prefer.

I hope things work out for you.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom