Yet another phone question!

M9PGR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK230k cabriolet
Hi
I have just bought a 2000 CLK 230K Avantgarde cabriolet with a full factory fit comand system. I have managed to understand the navigation system but the phone is baffling me.
Its fitted in the centre console in the arm rest and opens by pressing on the housing. the phone is a Motorola international 2700.
I have a manual and it talks about a sim card, I have tried an orange SIM card and the phone displayed 'Welcome to orange' ...searching... and then nothing.
If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

I am really pleased with the car it is a real pleasure to drive but we have not had much opportunity to get the roof down, roll on summer.

djb

Reaction score
Hi
I have just bought a 2000 CLK 230K Avantgarde cabriolet with a full factory fit comand system. I have managed to understand the navigation system but the phone is baffling me.
Its fitted in the centre console in the arm rest and opens by pressing on the housing. the phone is a Motorola international 2700.
I have a manual and it talks about a sim card, I have tried an orange SIM card and the phone displayed 'Welcome to orange' ...searching... and then nothing.
If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

I am really pleased with the car it is a real pleasure to drive but we have not had much opportunity to get the roof down, roll on summer.

wecome to the fora

I am not certain about this model, however some mb phones, only work with 800-900 frequency phone operators, ie o2 or voda.

Try one of those sims first.

Others more knowledgable will be along soon, to either confirm, or correctme!!!

OP
M

M9PGR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK230k cabriolet
telephones

Thanks JBerks

I didnt know it had to be O2

Cheers

ryanadam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 skoda superb 170 tdi elegance
Hi m9 pgr if go into search and type in phone or bluetooth you will find loads of information on this subject.I think you can use any phone company. bill

Last edited:
OP
M

M9PGR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK230k cabriolet
Problem sorted

Thanks to all that replied.

I have just been to TESCO and bought an O2 card, phone works perfectly!!!

Just got to read the manual now to understand how all the features work

Thank to all:)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom