you just can't beat this deal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1975_300D

New Registration
Reaction score
late this afternoon I got a call from a friend asking if I still wanted his 1975 300D...I told him I was but couldn't affort the price...the reply was "nobody said anything 'bout money...come get it"
Being someone that just can't pass up a deal like that Iwas in the truck and heading to his house to pick it up before he changed his mind.

now from what i understand he picked this car up in Californina about a year ago and it had either been in his garage or machine shed until his wife decided it was time to clear out some space (he owns 2 rv's 3 motorcycles,3 trucks, at least 1 semi and various other vehicles,boats and toys)
this car does need some work on the brakes and transmission before it's really ready to put it on the road.

now I have it I don't know where to even begin on it:
1 I've never owned a mercedes
2 I've never worked on a diesel
3 being here in central Illinowhere there aren't many local sources for Mercedes parts.

and so here I am...my first mercedes in my garage and a new project that starts tomorrow.
anyone have suggestions on good reasonable sources for parts,manuals,info??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom