Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums  

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums > Technical > Suspension, Steering & Brakes

Old 21-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Threadstarter

Car: S Class 2006 320CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiglxviii View Post
If it isn't a consumable or wear item then it SHOULD be. They tend to be fine with ECUs but draw the line at turbos, ask me how I know
Not sure they will cover it as when I asked about it to begin with and said about the rear of the car and it having air suspension it was a case of oh sorry sir we don't cover that....But now I have found out that it controls the headlight levelling mite be a different story. I have already bought the part and half fitted it just can not get it to clip around the anti roll bar.....I have admitted defeat and booked it into the garage to just complete it as they are looking at an oil leak I have (fingers crossed that is covered under my warranty).

Oh yeah how do you know about turbos.
Old 21-01-2017, 09:55 PM

Car: W215 CL500 Garage Queen; W212 E220 AMG Night Edition; W211 E320 Avantgarde Estate Designo Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by G style View Post
Not sure they will cover it as when I asked about it to begin with and said about the rear of the car and it having air suspension it was a case of oh sorry sir we don't cover that....But now I have found out that it controls the headlight levelling mite be a different story. I have already bought the part and half fitted it just can not get it to clip around the anti roll bar.....I have admitted defeat and booked it into the garage to just complete it as they are looking at an oil leak I have (fingers crossed that is covered under my warranty).

Oh yeah how do you know about turbos.
The turbo on my Golf exploded on week 3 of ownership. Bought from Reg Vardey with their comprehensive warranty. I called them up- car needs fixing etc. Sorry sir, that is classed as a wear and tear item. Oh really izzat so, says I. Mhmm they say. Cut a long story short I ended up speaking to VW technical support centre where I asked for their turbocharger recommended lifespan documentation. Life of the engine, I was told. May I have evidence of that? Yes of course sir, what's your fax number (for 'twas 2005). That then got sent to the warranty people with "is the engine a wear and tear item too?" added.

Got fixed two weeks later. No apology. C***s.

Last edited by Craiglxviii; 21-01-2017 at 09:56 PM.
Old 21-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Threadstarter

Car: S Class 2006 320CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiglxviii View Post
The turbo on my Golf exploded on week 3 of ownership. Bought from Reg Vardey with their comprehensive warranty. I called them up- car needs fixing etc. Sorry sir, that is classed as a wear and tear item. Oh really izzat so, says I. Mhmm they say. Cut a long story short I ended up speaking to VW technical support centre where I asked for their turbocharger recommended lifespan documentation. Life of the engine, I was told. May I have evidence of that? Yes of course sir, what's your fax number (for 'twas 2005). That then got sent to the warranty people with "is the engine a wear and tear item too?" added.

Got fixed two weeks later. No apology. C***s.
Wow its good that you where on the ball mate.