Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums  

Old 20-03-2017, 11:28 AM

Car: Viano lwb 2.2cdi 2006
Default 2006 Viano Parking sensor fault

Hello,

Had the Viano for 6 weeks now and its proving to be an excellent family workhorse, in fact i have adopted it as my daily transport and shunned my nicer and newer cars.

Will be doing a number of "nice to haves" to it over the coming months, but before that i seem to have an issue with the parking sensors that needs resolving.

So when i come to a stop going forwards from time to time i get the 4 red lights and long beep and the PDC system switches off. This is almost always when its been raining, and dosent seem to happen in reverse.

On a few occasions, i have seen the front left corner say i am about to hit something when there is nothing there and then the 4 lights, so on the balance of probability the front left is playing up. I know the previous owner (wifes uncle) and he tells me that he had all the rear ones replaced a few years ago as they were playing up but never had an issue with the front ones. I am inclined to believe him, so....is there any easy way to check whats going on?

I would normally just listen to the sensors for the pinging noise, but Mercedes have been too clever and due to the system shutdown, i cant work out which one is faulty, or perhaps if the control unit is somewhere liable to getting wet in the rain. Any advice much appreciated