Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums  

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums > General > General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion

Old 13-01-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ductman View Post
Almost looks, to me, in the second pic like a smear of rubber or similar, in which case even Tar Remover (or neat petrol on a rag) would remove it. Certainly T Cut would and wouldn't damage your own paintwork either. Only downside of that is you will probably have a small shiny area and will end up having to T Cut the entire car to match!
Petrol does work well, careful not to rub it in too much though.

I once reversed out of my garage over a can of carpet glue

It exploded and proceeded to cover the left side of my CLK with glue, it was a disaster. I quickly grabbed my can of fuel and started removing it all, then washed it off and polished it all straight back up, that was two years ago, it was good as new no damage or problems at all

I must admit when I opened the door it was a brown trouser moment for a bit though, thankfully none went on the soft top, that may have been another matter!
Old 13-01-2017, 01:59 PM

Car: 2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ductman View Post
Almost looks, to me, in the second pic like a smear of rubber or similar, in which case even Tar Remover (or neat petrol on a rag) would remove it. Certainly T Cut would and wouldn't damage your own paintwork either. Only downside of that is you will probably have a small shiny area and will end up having to T Cut the entire car to match!
A cheap trick I've used is to put a tiny bit of Jif (Cif) cleaning cream on a cloth through a finger (so you can restrict where you rub to the scratch etc). Obviously you only rub it off GENTLY and if it works, apply some polish immediately.

It was more effective in the days before metallic paint because you rubbed a bit of the surrounding paint into the crack. But just like T-Cut, you should always go gently!
Old 14-01-2017, 03:24 PM

Car: C220d AMG Line coup

has the OP cleaned it off yet?
Old 14-01-2017, 04:39 PM

Car: 2004 SL55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadj View Post
Media blasting should shift it. I know a man locally cleaned some cement mixer wheels for me. Lovely job. Shiney shiney.
Old 14-01-2017, 07:22 PM

Car: 2000 SL500 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadj View Post
Probably not!