Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums  

Old 19-07-2010, 12:17 PM

Default Media Interface questions

Hello all,

This weekend I ordered my first ever Mercedes - its a C200 CDI SE Executive - which will ready in September.

I've got a couple of quick questions which I could do with your help on.

The car comes with the Command system in as standard but doesn't come with the Media Interface. I can get the Media Interface as an extra but it comes bundled with the 6 CD changer for 425. My question is do you know if I can get just the Media Interface and if its cheaper to get it fitted after delivery or to ask them to do it now.

Also do you know if the port for this can be installed in the centre armrest and if the Command unit is DVD?

Thanks so much for you help in advance and roll on September!!

Simon
Old 19-07-2010, 12:25 PM
deleted

Media interface connection is fitted to the glovebox. The retrofit kit is 429 so you may as well have it put in at the factory if you need it.

http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Media-...-W204-RHD.html

Edit: Just found it it does have Comand. http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...cutive_se.html

The Comand system is dvd (navigation maps are stored on the harddrive) and has a built in 6 cd/dvd changer as well as a pcmcia slot. More info on it on the link below. See NTG4 section.

http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND++...rticle-54.html

Last edited by npuk; 19-07-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 19-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Threadstarter

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply - Command comes as standard on the SE Executive but without the Media Interface.

Thanks,

Simon
Old 19-07-2010, 12:33 PM

Car: New Audi RS5 Coupe on order

My media interfaces is situated in the glove box with a very short lead................I know because mine came like that 3 weeks ago......( 3 weeks ago when I took del of mine, seems like ages )
Astronomy is hours and hours of of looking for stuff to buy, rudely interrupted by the odd night of stargazing