Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums  

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums > General > General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #13301  
Old 17-02-2017, 05:18 PM
JBell's Avatar
JBell JBell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Torquey
Car: C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Posts: 5,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Laidlaw View Post
V8 5.5 but with twin turbos and 557bhp
How long will it have 557 bhp

I hope it's wagon, they are much cooler

I looked at a 14 plate CLS SB 350 CDi AMG Line today at Exeter MB, sooooooo pretty, now that is a lovely car with a V8 up front

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ize=5.0&page=1

Just saying

Last edited by JBell; 17-02-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13302  
Old 17-02-2017, 05:26 PM
Wighty Wighty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Essex
Car: W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Posts: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner1 View Post
Oh my god 67.33 for 2 liters
Thats what I call expensive , and thats after 10% discount.
I always buy MB genuine fluids but....... I coughed at this.
No wonder lots of folks leave it!

Just hoping its the one litre differential, not the 1.2L or 1.6L, as they say I can return any unopened bottles.

I wonder if these are the new Brexit weak prices coming through. Maybe I should buy that strut, just in case the price goes up like Johns ABc pump did.


Has anyone heard any news about price rises, re the weak .???
I know you have bourght Merc diff oil , but I thought that Fuchs was factory fill for diff oils ....give opie oils a ring I think they are about 13 for a litre of Fuchs .
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wighty For This Useful Post:
Submariner1 (17-02-2017)
  #13303  
Old 17-02-2017, 05:48 PM
rexemper rexemper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Berkshire
Car: R230 SL500 - oh yeah!
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Laidlaw View Post
My eyes have strayed elsewhere unfortunately.....and that elsewhere had still a V8 5.5 but with twin turbos and 557bhp....and its only 2 years old and has of course a year left of MB Warranty and only done 22k and....
Only thing it has extra is a roof and another 3 seats and a boot to actually take stuff in. This is what happens unfortunately
Hey John

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with the SL. You have certainly spent a lot of time and money on getting it right and it's sad to see you decide to move it on. You certainly were very generous with your help when I was looking for mine late last year and for that I am very grateful.

Maybe you'll get to keep the SL for a little while and enjoy it before it goes....the weather is getting better and is asking for the top to be dropped....
Reply With Quote
  #13304  
Old 17-02-2017, 05:53 PM
John Laidlaw's Avatar
John Laidlaw John Laidlaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wirral
Car: W212 E63 AMG V8 Biturbo
Posts: 4,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexemper View Post
Hey John

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with the SL. You have certainly spent a lot of time and money on getting it right and it's sad to see you decide to move it on. You certainly were very generous with your help when I was looking for mine late last year and for that I am very grateful.

Maybe you'll get to keep the SL for a little while and enjoy it before it goes....the weather is getting better and is asking for the top to be dropped....
Cheers Raj, don't be put off by my experience- I am almost certain someone will buy mine from me and be posting on here in 2-3 years time waxing lyrical on how fantastic a SLs are and how his or her motoring has cost nothing and hassle free! Just your luck.
Anyway I'm on another path and think I've found 'the one '😊
__________________
John
Reply With Quote
  #13305  
Old 17-02-2017, 05:56 PM
John Laidlaw's Avatar
John Laidlaw John Laidlaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wirral
Car: W212 E63 AMG V8 Biturbo
Posts: 4,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBell View Post
How long will it have 557 bhp

I hope it's wagon, they are much cooler

I looked at a 14 plate CLS SB 350 CDi AMG Line today at Exeter MB, sooooooo pretty, now that is a lovely car with a V8 up front

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ize=5.0&page=1

Just saying
That is indeed the question, turbos = GAD or MSL!
It's a saloon - sorry just we will have the XC90 for wagon use and I think the E looks better in booted form IMO...
And.....that looks nice 👍🏼 you know you want to!
__________________
John
Reply With Quote
  #13306  
Old 17-02-2017, 06:01 PM
V6Matty V6Matty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Newark, Notts
Car: Peugeot 508 RXH (His) W169/2005/A180 (Hers)
Posts: 4,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Laidlaw View Post
That is indeed the question, turbos = GAD or MSL!
It's a saloon - sorry just we will have the XC90 for wagon use and I think the E looks better in booted form IMO...
And.....that looks nice 👍🏼 you know you want to!
Go CLS and MSL John you know you want to just look at Dave and how happy he is with 850bhp
__________________
Please donate to a good cause
https://www.justgiving.com/alzheimerssoc

Matt
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V6Matty For This Useful Post:
JBell (17-02-2017), John Laidlaw (17-02-2017)
  #13307  
Old 17-02-2017, 06:10 PM
John Laidlaw's Avatar
John Laidlaw John Laidlaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wirral
Car: W212 E63 AMG V8 Biturbo
Posts: 4,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Matty View Post
Go CLS and MSL John you know you want to just look at Dave and how happy he is with 850bhp
A good point, however I was trying to avoid continuance of the open wallet surgery I've had to endure over the past year...albeit Dave's is entirely voluntary and justified! 😊
__________________
John
Reply With Quote
  #13308  
Old 17-02-2017, 06:13 PM
V6Matty V6Matty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Newark, Notts
Car: Peugeot 508 RXH (His) W169/2005/A180 (Hers)
Posts: 4,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Laidlaw View Post
A good point, however I was trying to avoid continuance of the open wallet surgery I've had to endure over the past year...albeit Dave's is entirely voluntary and justified! 😊
Lol, his were all improvements though
__________________
Please donate to a good cause
https://www.justgiving.com/alzheimerssoc

Matt
Reply With Quote
  #13309  
Old 17-02-2017, 06:19 PM
John Laidlaw's Avatar
John Laidlaw John Laidlaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wirral
Car: W212 E63 AMG V8 Biturbo
Posts: 4,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Matty View Post
Lol, his were all improvements though
Exactly my point!
I love the fact that to look at it looks like a 'standard' E63...at least to the uninitiated 😊
__________________
John
Reply With Quote
  #13310  
Old 17-02-2017, 06:22 PM
JBell's Avatar
JBell JBell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Torquey
Car: C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Posts: 5,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Laidlaw View Post
It's a saloon - sorry just we will have the XC90 for wagon use and I think the E looks better in booted form IMO
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ice-asc&page=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Laidlaw View Post
And.....that looks nice ���� you know you want to
I do but a little too steep at the moment, maybe a 350CDi then one of those

Last edited by JBell; 17-02-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
double din, w203 stereo upgrade


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody owned more than one Merc. BlueGriff General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion 212 02-03-2017 12:43 AM
merc warranty over crank problem truly Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU 14 16-04-2013 09:01 AM
new member -old merc lover,Brittany/Bristol. 190e/e320 both low. mike bird Introduce yourself 5 28-03-2013 11:54 PM
Merc care plan, recommended or not? benzai! General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion 12 04-03-2012 10:18 AM
w211 - Protest to Merc UK omer General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion 14 27-04-2005 11:24 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.