Any F1 fans

ShinyF1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Contemplating my next
A final thought how many of us would hold onto our jobs by deliberately ignoring instruction from our superiors, without getting a reprimand or written warning or even the sack. JMHO;)

I wonder what action Red Bull will take - I would have thought defying a team order is top of the list of dealbreakers for any driver? Perhaps VET to be out of RBR next season?

As much as I'd like to see him brought down to size, I'm not so sure, WEB has blatantly defied orders before without any real sanction

Last edited:
OP
horgantrevor

horgantrevor

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI avantgarde c43//amg
Mercedes sides against Brawn over Rosberg team order

Mercedes' German-speaking faction has spoken out against the team orders that prevented Nico Rosberg from finishing on the podium in Malaysia. German Rosberg asked and asked again to be let past his new British teammate Lewis Hamilton on Sunday, who was saving fuel to the finish as he ran in third place. Team boss Ross Brawn answered repeatedly: "Negative." Afterwards - but before Hamilton admitted on the podium that he was uncomfortable about finishing third - Rosberg told strategist Brawn on the radio to "Remember this one." It was a saga not unnoticed by Mercedes' newly-arrived Austrian shareholders and bosses Niki Lauda and Toto Wolff, who were not amused. "From a sporting perspective, that was wrong," Lauda told German television RTL. "They should have let him (Rosberg) go. We need to talk to Ross, if this is the strategy to be used from now on," he added. Wolff agreed: "From a sporting point of view, that's not what we want to see." Brawn, whose role as team boss is believed threatened by the Austrian duo and also the likely arrival of McLaren's Paddy Lowe, is understood to have defended the 'team order' on the basis that Rosberg was also low on fuel. Rosberg denied: "I did not have to save fuel. Everything was alright. I will sit down together with Ross to rethink whether this was really the right decision." The 27-year-old's rationale is that, with tyres in good shape and fuel in the tank, he might have been able to chase down the leading Red Bulls. According to Auto Motor und Sport, 1996 world champion Damon Hill agreed: "He might at least have been able to hurry the Red Bulls into a tyre problem." Rosberg added: "I don't know if I would have gotten the Red Bulls. But I felt good at the time. I was doing well and would have liked to see how far I could have gone." Justifying his anger on the radio, he explained: "I tried to get them to reconsider their decision." But Rosberg denied Red Bull figure Dr Helmut Marko's claim that the episode demonstrates that Lewis Hamilton is Mercedes' obvious "number 1" driver. "I can understand how this (episode) creates that impression," Rosberg responded, "but I am sure that if I had been in front, the decision would have been the same."

OP
horgantrevor

horgantrevor

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your Mercedes
Marko claims Pirelli has promised to change compounds

Helmut Marko says Pirelli "has promised" to change its tyre compounds in time for next month's Bahrain grand prix. Together with Mercedes, Red Bull has been pushing F1's Italian supplier to change tack after claiming the 2013 tyres are penalising the best cars. "There are definitely signs about a change of the compound," Mercedes' Toto Wolff was quoted as saying by SID news agency. "In all probability, either in Bahrain or maybe after," he added. Officially, motor sport director Paul Hembery insists Pirelli would only change its tyres mid-season if all the teams make an "unanimous" request. "That is definitely not the case," he said. But Red Bull's Marko said on Sunday: "We are having to tell our drivers to go through the fastest sections not as fast as they can, because it's too high a load for the tyres. Of course we have had serious talks (with Pirelli)," he told German television Sky. "I think Pirelli has realised (the situation) and we have been promised that other compounds will come to Bahrain at the latest," added Marko.

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Pirelli tyres have always been rubbish, even on road cars.
Never understood why people are duped into buying them.

Advertising and sponsorship of F1 cars I guess

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
horgantrevor, wherever you're copying and pasting from, do they use paragraphs or is the formatting being lost when you paste?

OP
horgantrevor

horgantrevor

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your Mercedes
It from a friend yes it's secondhand info and the formatting is not good by the time I get it

OP
horgantrevor

horgantrevor

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your Mercedes
The only good Pirelli tyres I ever had was a special set I ordered for a limited edition peugeot 206 GT WRC I bought a few years back transformed the car other then that I hate them

Matt32AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
From new 2002 SLK32///AMG, 2007 CLK350 AMG Sport Cabriolet sold:-( Porsche RS60 3.4 :-)
I wonder what action Red Bull will take - I would have thought defying a team order is top of the list of dealbreakers for any driver? Perhaps VET to be out of RBR next season?

Chance would be a fine thing

As much as I'd like to see him brought down to size, I'm not so sure, WEB has blatantly defied orders before without any real sanction

Was that because SV had done the dirty on MW before hand? Who can say? What is clear is that SV has the support of the team owner irrespective of what he does, as pointed out by MWs comment on the podium on Sunday. :(

With that in mind I think Mark will bow out at the end of the season. I just hope he wins the title before he does so to at least leave on a high. ;)

Matt32AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
From new 2002 SLK32///AMG, 2007 CLK350 AMG Sport Cabriolet sold:-( Porsche RS60 3.4 :-)
Marko claims Pirelli has promised to change compounds

Helmut Marko says Pirelli "has promised" to change its tyre compounds in time for next month's Bahrain grand prix. Together with Mercedes, Red Bull has been pushing F1's Italian supplier to change tack after claiming the 2013 tyres are penalising the best cars. "There are definitely signs about a change of the compound," Mercedes' Toto Wolff was quoted as saying by SID news agency. "In all probability, either in Bahrain or maybe after," he added. Officially, motor sport director Paul Hembery insists Pirelli would only change its tyres mid-season if all the teams make an "unanimous" request. "That is definitely not the case," he said. But Red Bull's Marko said on Sunday: "We are having to tell our drivers to go through the fastest sections not as fast as they can, because it's too high a load for the tyres. Of course we have had serious talks (with Pirelli)," he told German television Sky. "I think Pirelli has realised (the situation) and we have been promised that other compounds will come to Bahrain at the latest," added Marko.

Here again this seems like trying to influence tyre makers to provide compounds to suit teams. If the tyre doesn't work with a particular chassis in this case Red Bull and Mercedes, then surely it should be on the team to develop a chassis that suits the tyres that are available. That is the whole point of having a formula.

The other point being missed is to provide tyres to encourage closer racing for the spectator, and not having a procession that was F1 by definition of 4-5 years ago. There is no advantage to be had with tyres, everyone has to run them thus making a more even playing field.;)

Last edited:

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
They should have everyone one run on the same make of tyre (which ever is best deal that year). And just two types per race. Wets or slicks.
And the wheels should be the same limited width.
And all cars should be made without stupid nose wings.

Only then will we see real racing, engineering development and proper driver skill.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
How can anyone call it competitive motorsport if the teams can decide who wins the race... I would have thought that both teams should be disqualified for allowing the driver they choose to win a race.. In any other sport this would be called Match fixing and they would be banned
Also you have to remembr that Weber did exactly the same in a 2011 race on Vettel, and afterwards, explained it away by saying that he had the better car and the speed to outgun Vettel....which he duly did...

OP
horgantrevor

horgantrevor

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your Mercedes
Ecclestone comments make Hamilton 'nervous'

Lewis Hamilton swapped the Woking squad for Mercedes at the end of last season, but there were rumours that held "private talks" with Red Bull team principal Christian Horner earlier in the year. Ecclestone has now added fuel to those flames by telling the Daily Mail that 'the 28-year-old British driver asked him to broker a move for him to join Red Bull alongside Sebastian Vettel'. His comments, though, have not gone down well with Hamilton, who insists he asked his "management team to speak to all teams". "I'm not quite sure why Bernie keeps making comments about me. It makes me a little bit nervous because we have quite a good relationship," he is quoted as saying in The Guardian. "I'm quite open with him with a lot of stuff, it is just through respect. I don't really know what to say. I think he said something about Red Bull. "I said to my management team to speak to all the teams and see what the best options were. There was no team I was particularly pushing for. At the end of the day I chose to be here and I'm happy here. It's the best decision I ever made."

iPhone message

OP
horgantrevor

horgantrevor

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your Mercedes
Force India agree long-term Mercedes engine deal from 2014

When Formula One swaps to smaller 1.6-litre turbocharged V6 engines next season, Force India will continue with the same supplier they have used since 2009. The new deal will see Mercedes supply Force India with a complete power unit consisting of the engine and Energy Recovery System plus transmission and all associated ancillary systems for 2014. "Our new agreement with Mercedes-Benz for the coming years is the most significant in the history of Sahara Force India," said Mallya. "With new powertrain regulations being introduced next year, I can't think of a better partner to work with as Formula One enters a new and exciting era. "The agreement gives us the long-term stability we require and will enable us to continue our journey towards the front of the Formula One grid." Mercedes executive director Toto Wolff welcomed the deal, calling it a "significant" moment for the German outfit. "It is a significant milestone to announce our first long-term agreement for powertrain supply under the 2014 regulations," said Wolff. "Sahara Force India was our first genuine customer in Formula One back in 2009 and we are delighted to enter an expanded, long-term relationship with them from 2014 onwards. "This long-term agreement offers excellent value in terms of the balance between price and performance. We hope it will mean Mercedes-Benz and Sahara Force India working together for the entire life cycle of the new powertrain generation."

N

npuk

With McLaren switching to Honda only Mercedes and Force India will be running Mercedes engines. I dont think the teams who have Renault engine will want to switch.

OP
horgantrevor

horgantrevor

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your Mercedes
All I can say is nice one Lewis

Lets hope a win tomorrow

I won't be posting about the race it's on at 7 last time I posted results lots of hassle true fans get up to watch it

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
All I can say is nice one Lewis

Lets hope a win tomorrow

I won't be posting about the race it's on at 7 last time I posted results lots of hassle true fans get up to watch it

WE love it...but my wife, a nurse, only gets off duty tomorrow morning at 8...home by 9.

Last edited:
OP
horgantrevor

horgantrevor

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Your Mercedes
the world is seeing A DIFFERENT side id vettel he has become arrogant and defiant that what he did was right a 180 deg on what he said last two weeks

weber must be fuming but he will have his revenge never cross a Australian on a mission

Jay Gee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda
I read what I thought was a very apt comment about Vettel this week.......
" Bambi has turned into a werewolf" !!!

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
Button and Vettel starting on the harder compound should make for an interesting race. I'd love LH to win it, but can he - starting on softs with his driving style?

Last edited:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom