W211 window open and close with remote

girota

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 mercedes E550 4 matic sport package
Hi.Im back with my problem.In my 2003 W211 E320 its some problem with the open and close windows and sun roof with the remote control.Some time this option work and some time not.I think the remote is ok my central lock and alarm work perfect.I know i have sensor in the door and i must by in the clear range.But one day this option working in the passenger door and one day with driver door and next day if i push the open or close button nothing happend.Do i need the reset or set something?Thank you and sorry for my english.Have nice day.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
You will need to be near the car and as i understand it will only work if you unlock the car and hold the unlock key. If you unluck first and then press unlock again and hold, it will not work to open your windows.

There may be something else as a factor as well which other senior members will come along and clarify but above is what i found with my experience

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Any closing feature will only work on the very close range IR and will not work on the RF long range unlocking

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I've found it to be a bit touchy. I suspect its me. I think you need to lock and close the windows in the one move. So, if you lock the doors and momentarily drop the button or don't point it at the sensor initially (so it locks via radio rather than IR) then it won't do the auto close.
I find that if it does this, simply unlock and then relock, pointing squarely at the reciever. This normally works.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
I agree with you Jberks, regardless of unlocking/locking (closing windows/opening windows) you will need to be in close range and you need to hold the button while locking or unlocking for it to work.

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
I'll add my bit - my w209 CLK has the IR sensor in the door handle and you need to be fairly close and pointing relatively square on to activate it. I can, though, lock the car and then go back and close the windows several seconds afterwards (when I notice the missus has left the passenger window open,,,,,again! :) )

Dave

Allamoq

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w211 e240 2003
Hi ,
I tryed your way yesterday it works it tryed it today morning it did not work !!!!!
Is there any solution for that.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Some cars require 2 pushes on the remote, 1 to lock then release and press and hold again with the key inches from the drivers door sensor

nokia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDI Avantgarde
I had no idea my car does this. That is ****** awesome

Corned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde
In my experience, this operation is VERY susceptible to interference from daylight.

At night it works like a charm. In daylight it's a complete lottery.

Troon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A big one
Real shame it's infrared, which is why it only works from the driver's side, in close proximity and poorly in sunlight.

Ford do this with RF: with a good remote battery, I can open and shut all the C-MAX windows from 50ft away.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Try putting your hand over the remote when in sunlight to see if that helps

Cossack

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e coupe/2012/2200
Real shame it's infrared, which is why it only works from the driver's side, in close proximity and poorly in sunlight.

Ford do this with RF: with a good remote battery, I can open and shut all the C-MAX windows from 50ft away.

Isn't there a security issue here?

Perhaps MB thought that if you're going to open all the windows via remote that a) you shouldn't be able to do it by accident, b) that you should be able to see that you've done it and c) that you should be the closest person to the car.

The "press and hold" feature of the MB remote locking is well conceived; on my old Saab you only had to touch the button for the operation to be activated. Consequently I frequently came out to the car to find the boot open after my 3 year old had evidently picked up the keys in the flat and had a small play.

As we can't always park outside the flat there must have been occasions where the boot had been open (and I mean properly open rather than just being unlocked or ajar) for a few days.

G-a-r-y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 320 CDi, SLK 200 R171.
I had all these problems and tried the listed suggestions, I suspected the IR sensor in the door. I had it replaced, it was quite expensive because it comes with the door lock barrel assembly that had to be ordered from Germany.
It fixed it very well, I can use total closure from 4-5 metres away regardless of sun/day/night conditions. Basically it was worth the money and I'm glad I took the chance.
BTW, it is a simple press and hold to activate the feature, release and it all stops, press and hold to continue opening or closing.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
sorry i'm hijacking the thread a little here, any idea if this can be retro fitted? i had this on both my peugeot and volvo, such a useful thing to have in summer.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sorry i'm hijacking the thread a little here, any idea if this can be retro fitted? i had this on both my peugeot and volvo, such a useful thing to have in summer.

You have it its standard equipment

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
dont seem to have it on mine malcom, no infared on the door handle either, or am i missing something?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
dont seem to have it on mine malcom, no infared on the door handle either, or am i missing something?

Yes you have both IR and RF locking on all 211's so it looks like you are missing something;)

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ok any idea how it's ment to work then as when I press and hold to unlock the car unlocks but windows don't come down, same for locking and windows going up?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You must stand close to the drivers door handle and keep the button pressed,. or release and press again once locked or unlocked

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom