CLS sunroof seal / felt

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Evening all,

Don't think mine is leaking yet, but noted that the 'felt' that the glass beds into seems to have disappeared mostly.

Has anybody replaced this themselves? Is it straight forward?

Many ta's!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Evening all,

Don't think mine is leaking yet, but noted that the 'felt' that the glass beds into seems to have disappeared mostly.

Has anybody replaced this themselves? Is it straight forward?

Many ta's!

(assuming that Mercs are the same as others :rolleyes:) Sunroofs don't make a water tight seal, the felt 'seal' just restricts the amount of water that goes passed the sunroof. There's a drain tube in each corner that takes the water away to the ground.

OP
Rotorhead500

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Sounds good to me!

Noticed it when polishing it the other weekend - looks a bit untidy, so need to get sorted.

Also read that other thread about rejuvenating seals - gummi juice to be acquired shortly!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom