B Class W246 Airbag Fault.

bertg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class 2013
A warning popped up last week telling me that's there's a Right Hand Side Malfunction!!
Booked in for tomorrow morning at MB Croydon, let's see how we get on!!
:(

OP
bertg

bertg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class 2013
Ok, it's now Tuesday and i can update:
-Booked car in on Friday with MB Croydon and collected courtesy Car, 2 seater smart completely useless as i have 2 kids!!
-Got call Friday afternoon to say that there is a wiring loom fault part in on Sat but can't complete the Job until Monday.
-collect car return horrible Smart car, at least they gave ours wash and vac!!
-return our B Class yesterday (Monday Morning) got another smart car, this time with broken seat, couldn't even drive it away because seat was too far back!!
-Got another smart within 5 Minutes!!
-Wife will Collect later today hopefully no more problems!!
-A cautionary tale, when booking a car in with MB Croydon it has become apparent that if you don't insist on a like for like courtesy car or something reasonable, i.e not a 2 seater smart car that's all they will offer you!! Not a brilliant start considering a Car that's 3 Months old!!
-One Final thing!! "The wiring Loom Fault" when questioned i very much got the impression they already knew what the problem was and i suspect it's something to do with the conversion between L/H Drive & R/H Drive cars..

OP
bertg

bertg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class 2013
W246 Air bag Fault Round 2

A warning popped up last week telling me that's there's a Right Hand Side Malfunction!!
Booked in for tomorrow morning at MB Croydon, let's see how we get on!!
:(

Well, 1 year on and another warning popped up telling me that there's a Right Hand Side Malfunction!! 2nd time i've taken the car back to MB Croydon. It has now been confirmed that MB in Germany have diagnosed that a certain amount of R/H drive cars have faulty wiring looms that are causing airbag malfunctions.
On this occasion instead of replacing certain parts of the loom they have now replaced the whole thing!!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom