Different headlights

Jasons76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 c220 cdi AMG sport estate
Hi I purchased a w202 2000my a couple of months ago and it needs an mot,I was just checking that all the lights work etc,when I noticed that I have different headlights the n/s one has the main beam bulb in the section next to the grill on its own whereas the o/s one the main beam is in the same area as the dipped beam,all the lights work do you think that is an mot failure and which headlight is the correct one for my car.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
So what is in the smaller lens unit next to the grill on the O/S ? on most, its side lights and main within the smaller inner Lens units, and Dips on the outside units.

Any chance of Pictures as I would like to see how a main and dipped in in the same unit?

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The outer beams are usually the dipped and the main the inner ones, can you just swap the lamp holders over

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
on many of the 202's IIRC the inner part of the lamp is the front foglight. that was certainly the case on BOTH the ones I had

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
on many of the 202's IIRC the inner part of the lamp is the front foglight. that was certainly the case on BOTH the ones I had

Are they twin filament bulbs Pete for dipped/main

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.

I had a Volvo 760...that was the case, the fogs were up with the rest of the lamps...not double filaments.

OP
J

Jasons76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 c220 cdi AMG sport estate
Thanks for the advice etc,I think I may have sorted it for now,it appears the inner lens is the front fog light and the main beam is the bottom bulb in the outer lens,so I removed the connection for the fog light bulb on the n/s that was coming on with the main beam and put it on the bottom bulb and it now works as it should,incidentally the bottom bulb was coming on as the fog light I would have swapped them round but the wiring wasn't long enough,so,I will make do without front fogs for now.many thanks though for your help.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom