E250CDI 2009 Injector Issue

subzero

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250CDi Coupe Blue Efficiency
Would appreciate any advice offered..

Recently my engine management light came on. Diagnostic machine said Injector 1 Internal electric failure. The mechanic checked the injector & confirmed that all the injectors read OK. The engine runs the same & still has the same power. He even pulled injector 1 out whilst the car was run & the engine clearly started to judder, which sort of says injector 1 is still working?

Options now are to either pay MB £150 for 1 hours labour for them to probably say the injector needs replacing, or carry on driving as is & wait for failure. I have been told that a single injector cannot be replaced & that it will have to be all 4 including the coil pack costing around £900?!

Running the car with the engine management light on means that if there is a problem with anything else I will not know about it.

Has anyone had this issue? By the way I had my DPF deleted about 4 months ago, not sure if this is related?

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks.

Robbostanhill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 Estate 2003 and *Her* C220 W203
Injectors

Would appreciate any advice offered..

Recently my engine management light came on. Diagnostic machine said Injector 1 Internal electric failure. The mechanic checked the injector & confirmed that all the injectors read OK. The engine runs the same & still has the same power. He even pulled injector 1 out whilst the car was run & the engine clearly started to judder, which sort of says injector 1 is still working?

Options now are to either pay MB £150 for 1 hours labour for them to probably say the injector needs replacing, or carry on driving as is & wait for failure. I have been told that a single injector cannot be replaced & that it will have to be all 4 including the coil pack costing around £900?!

Running the car with the engine management light on means that if there is a problem with anything else I will not know about it.

Has anyone had this issue? By the way I had my DPF deleted about 4 months ago, not sure if this is related?

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks.

A recent similar event on a friends diesel Jag prompted him to remove all 4 injectors and send them off for an ultrasound clean and reset. Worked out at £100 per injector.
Perhaps you need yours doing

OP
S

subzero

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250CDi Coupe Blue Efficiency
Thanks, I did consider having them cleaned. It's half the cost so I guess it's worth a try!

Top Bottom