Odd Service Message

aquiss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220CDi AMG Sport
Well this is a new one on me.

Started the car this morning to be told that I have service that is overdue by 652 days :confused:

Apart from my first service, year 1, the car has not been serviced since (but I have changed oils etc myself). The car has done maybe 9000 in the last 2 years, so it's not exactly run off it's feet. No other warnings, just bang...652 days.

I call my new dealer where I am buying a new car in September to be told that the present car has no services logged on the system (grrrrr) ever. I can likely get that covered by receipts. I am also told there is a recall from 2 years back, again no one has called/emailed/lettered (no details have changed in over 10 years).

Looks like I am going to have to cough up £800 odd for break fluid and some injectors that the recall is about. :cry:

Any ideas how the computer has got itself into this weird state?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C220 Executive SE Coupé ('13)
Well this is a new one on me.

Started the car this morning to be told that I have service that is overdue by 652 days :confused:

Apart from my first service, year 1, the car has not been serviced since (but I have changed oils etc myself). The car has done maybe 9000 in the last 2 years, so it's not exactly run off it's feet. No other warnings, just bang...652 days.

I call my new dealer where I am buying a new car in September to be told that the present car has no services logged on the system (grrrrr) ever. I can likely get that covered by receipts. I am also told there is a recall from 2 years back, again no one has called/emailed/lettered (no details have changed in over 10 years).

Looks like I am going to have to cough up £800 odd for break fluid and some injectors that the recall is about. :cry:

Any ideas how the computer has got itself into this weird state?

You won't have to pay for the injectors! (which, by the way, are part of an as-and-when service update, not a recall)

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.

I call my new dealer where I am buying a new car in September

Are you p/xing your current car for the new onw, and does the salesman realise that yours hasn't been serviced as required by MB? This usually has a significant effect on the car's value.

I know as well as you that the car is unlikely to come to any harm, but it's chancing it quite a bit to not keep it covered by the warranty.

OP
A

aquiss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220CDi AMG Sport
Had a chat this morning with new dealership I'm engaging with, who asked me to pop car over this morning to see if they could get a better understanding of things.

After some digging it looks like the dealership who did first service never logged anything on the system. It also appears that dealership also did not change injectors back in 2011 when they should have via that service.

The car was put quickly on a diags system (Star is it??) and nothing of note (apart from a recall on a fuel filter needs resolving) came up. There going to take car in next week and do a full service and bring car right up to date for £480.00

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom