WIS info needed please

Harley Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W208 230K
I am about to retrofit headlamp self leveling for my HID headlamps including the headlamp washers and Parking assist and was wondering if anyone has the WIS instructions for this and could email me the PDF's as am sure it will make it all much easier that doing it by guesswork :D

Many Thanks

Harley Man

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If there is any retro instruction then yes, but I do not think that there are, rear parking sensors usually yes.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
There are retro fit instructions for Xenons on the 202, but none for the 208

OP
H

Harley Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W208 230K
It appears that the holes for the front leveling sensor are not pre drilled in my W208, but I was told the instructions for the 202 give dimensions to do the drilling, so if anybody has the 202 instructions that would be most helpful.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is as Miffy said, none for the 208 but the 202 is near identical

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
It appears that the holes for the front leveling sensor are not pre drilled in my W208, but I was told the instructions for the 202 give dimensions to do the drilling, so if anybody has the 202 instructions that would be most helpful.

Hi,
Check your PMs

Last edited:
OP
H

Harley Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W208 230K
Mail Sent

Many Thanks to bigasotonuk for the information for the headlamp leveling.

Does anyone have the WIS info for fitting the Park Assist to a W208 convertible, as it would be easier to know the correct location for the control unit and display rather than make something up

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I should have the retro fit for the rear sensors,, there was never one for the fronts.

Andy is a very useful man on the 202 and good to have on board, he has done more than most to any 202.

OP
H

Harley Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W208 230K
I should have the retro fit for the rear sensors,, there was never one for the fronts.

Hi, its the rear kit I have, I have just painted the correct rear insert for the bumper, so it would be great to have the instructions, when you have them to hand I will post up my email address

Many thanks

Dave

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The retrofit instructions for the 208 cover the Ultrasonic Aid, not the full ParkTronic.

There is no set location for retrofitting the control unit, it goes where ever is appropriate. The display should be mounted near the rear N/S seat belt hole so its visible to the driver.

OP
H

Harley Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W208 230K
The retrofit instructions for the 208 cover the Ultrasonic Aid, not the full ParkTronic.

There is no set location for retrofitting the control unit, it goes where ever is appropriate. The display should be mounted near the rear N/S seat belt hole so its visible to the driver.

Hi Mark,

Its the Park assist kit I have. I was going to retrofit the full parktronic and I have accumulated most of the parts but it was finding a rear seat with the display in that stopped me. The kit I have has no instructions showing which colour is for what in the loom, so I am a bit stumped unless I dive into the control box and work out the circuit

David

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
from what I can see, the rear display uses three wires. from Control Module, Pin29 BK/PK, Pin9 BN/YE & Pin25 BU/YE

Last edited:
OP
H

Harley Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W208 230K
Yes thats correct, I assume thats going to be ground, switch feed and reverse. but the instructions would confirm that.

Just finished changing the display to an oblong one with a chrome surround which looks much more OEM than the nasty black round one :D.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
If you are installing only the rear sensors of the full Parktronic system I don't believe the system will work without the front installed, and from what I recall STAR can't programme the just the front sensors out. The system goes through a self check every time it is turned on and if a fault is found (depending on severity of the fault) the system is shut down.
Again this happened on my AMG 202 having the same system as a 208, it would shut down within a few seconds, and when I was fitting either a new alarm siren or the Xenon control units I noticed the Parktronic loom partially disconnected, I plugged it in properly and the system then didn't shut down, but did show up that I had faults with the front sensors and probably explained why they were left partially disconnected.
I investigated retro fitting PDC on my C230K and decided that it would make far more sense to fit an after market system, this mainly because of the lack of available PDC suitable bumpers for the 202, and the fact the early MB OEM sensors looked c**p, you can buy very good after market kits with displays that are all but identical to OEM the only thing you would have to worry about would be getting a suitable speed signal to turn the front ones on/off, if you wanted the same functionality as the OEM system

OP
H

Harley Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W208 230K
Andy, The system I have is the MB Park assist (Bosch), this uses the Merc OEM sensors which fit in the standard rear parktronic bumper insert but they plug into a cut down control unit and only covers the rear of the car. The only bad bit is the display looked cheap and nasty so I have re engineered it into an oblong led display with a chrome surround. Initially I was going to do the proper job and fit the full parktronic front and rear and collected most of the parts needed but the rear display on a convertible is in the rear seat and I have never seen one for sale that will match my car. I did look into using the rear sensors and the OEM display on the dash that is used for the front sensors and disabling half the control unit so the car thought its working correctly, and I still think that is do-able.

The only part of the Park assist I didnt get was the wiring instuctions and I still have not managed to find them, so I expect I will work it out at the weekend.

I now have a W208 with self leveling sensors thanks to your instructions, headlamps and bumper to be added shortly :D

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I now have a W208 with self leveling sensors thanks to your instructions, headlamps and bumper to be added shortly :D

It would be good if you could take pictures and create some simple instructions for a DIY project

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom