W124 tuition, anyone willing to help? I'm a keen student...!

ShivaYash

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S124 1994 E200 (M111 engine), S123 1983 230TE (M102)
Evening chaps,

I'd like to learn how to maintain my Benz, doing things like changing brake pads, discs, servicing, oil changes, fluid flushes etc.

Is there anyone on here, close(ish) to London who'd be willing to teach me? I have very limited tools but wish to invest in a good mechanic's toolkit.

I'm an ex-Apple computer technician so will repair/ solve computer problems/ replace hard-drives, do RAM upgrades, software updates, solve network errors, hook up wireless speakers/ printers etc in return for this tuition.

Many thanks in advance,
SY

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
Too far away to help but I would suggest you trawl the internet forums for their "how to" sections. Have a look at U tube for videos also. There's a lot of stuff out there. Halfords Pro Range of socket sets are a good start for tools. If you haven't done much on car servicing I would suggest enrolling at one of the many evening classes on this. Buy a Haynes manual on your car too. There's one on the W124 and the M111 engine is covered by the C Class manual.

Peter C1974

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1985 W123 230E & 1991 W124 200E & 1999 W210 E240
Evening chaps,

I'd like to learn how to maintain my Benz, doing things like changing brake pads, discs, servicing, oil changes, fluid flushes etc.

Is there anyone on here, close(ish) to London who'd be willing to teach me? I have very limited tools but wish to invest in a good mechanic's toolkit.

I'm an ex-Apple computer technician so will repair/ solve computer problems/ replace hard-drives, do RAM upgrades, software updates, solve network errors, hook up wireless speakers/ printers etc in return for this tuition.

Many thanks in advance,
SY

Hi,

I'm based in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, 10 mins from M40 J2 and I also have a W124 with an M111 engine (E220 saloon), which shares driveway space with my pride and joy W123 230E.

I can't spare too much time to teach others when I barely have enough time to do the things I want to do, but if you are based towards the west of London keep me in mind if you run into trouble.

Peter C

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom