sold fake satnav dvd-now what?

realslimshady

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 cdi 2005
Bought a 2012/2013 satnav dvd from ebay advertised as 'original, used' but after a week it stopped working, and after reading various threads determined that it was in fact a copy. Seller was apologetic, claiming it was supplied from MB dealer and he wasn't aware it was a copy, and refunded my money without quibble.
Call me a mug, for perhaps having too much faith in my fellow man, but same person was also advertising the later disc, 2013/2014, same description. I emailed and asked specifically if it was original and not a copy, and was assured it was. Seller had blocked me, however, so I was suspicious, but thought, what the hell, and got my son to buy it...and you guessed it, another copy. Which I tried and won't work. It's updated the system, and shows the map now and again, but won't navigate.
So, what can I do now to get my satnav back? (Don't worry about the ebay thing, that's being dealt with). I understand I can't 'regress' so am I stuck with paying the huge price of a MB supplied up-to-date disc?

Last edited:
N

npuk

There are plenty of real discs on ebay UK or ebay germany. How much did you pay for this copy, I would think not much which should have given you hint it probably wasnt a genuine disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

realslimshady

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 cdi 2005
There are plenty of real discs on ebay UK or ebay germany. How much did you pay for this copy, I would think not much which should have given you hint it probably wasnt a genuine disc.

all his discs are for sale at a penny less than sixty quid.

LTD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDi Coupe Sport
Can't you install your MB original disc again ?

OP
R

realslimshady

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 cdi 2005
Can't you install your MB original disc again ?

No-it's the 2004 disc and it's not possible to go back.
And yes, npuk, that's him. He's going to be reported.

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus; 2011 C220 CDI Blueefficiency 125 Edition - SOLD; R230 SL500 - SOLD
This him? http://stores.ebay.co.uk/mercnavuk?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Report him to ebay and leave negative feedback. He couldnt possibly have the number of discs he has for sale and sold all genuine. Cant believe so many people have been fooled by him and left positive feedback.

I bought one from him for the SL. It was fake and he refunded me and gave the same story that he gets them from MB dealers. He's a bulls*****r.

Simon

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
He's blocked you as he knows your on to him.
Cant stand these rip off merchants. At the least if a copy he should say so.
Make up a false name and keep bidding on them all at silly prices. He'll have fun sorting that out with ebay and there seller fees.

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
And another thing. . . .
Look at his location, SLOUGH!
For those that dont know, slough is a hole and known for just one thing.
And we're not talking David Brent here.

b1g1an

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG
And another thing. . . .
Look at his location, SLOUGH!
For those that dont know, slough is a hole and known for just one thing.
And we're not talking David Brent here.

That'll be two things then

LTD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDi Coupe Sport
Get in touch with your local Trading Standards office.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Can only suggest as others that you keep an eye out for a 2013 or 14 disc. I bought a genuine 2013 disc for my car for £36 from eBay a couple of months ago so they do come up.

I'd also seen the listings from the seller referred to. I'm sorry but it's obviously significant that his listings don't claim the discs are genuine. I emailed him but he didn't respond (I didn't expect him to). It's a bit baffling that he's got a fair bit pf positive feedback and absolutely no negative feedback. There are websites selling copies at half his price.

Last edited:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
A man near my Sisters House has just got 3 years and ten months for the sale of fake DVD's, Cd's and benefit fraud strangely his partner only got a suspended.
The people to speak to are FACT http://www.fact-uk.org.uk/report-it/ the federation against copyright theft most trading standards offices have had the budgets slashed and are not funded sufficiently to give a reasonable service.

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
With more recent changes ebay are turning off bad comments making it much harder to leave negative feedback.
I was about to last week, but just got a patronising pop up telling me to contact them to resolve any problem. I had sold an expensive item but buyer reported it as not delivered. never got in touch with me either. Ebay just ruled in their favor.
Even though luckily it was sent recorded, tracked every step (unlike crappy RM) and signed for??? but from the foreign name they could easily have been scammers.
If they have a high turn over of cash, ebay dont want to know.

Corned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde
N

npuk

:rolleyes:

'DISCLAIMER
If anything on this site is illegal in any way, shape, or form, then we are unaware of it. Neither we know our host will be responsible for it. All backup devices are for personal use and should only be used in a legal way. If you should use these items for illegal purposes, then you are the sole person responsible. You are not allowed to visit this site if you do not agree with any parts of this disclaimer. we provide a service to make the legal backup copy in accordance with the above statement, to those users who do not have the ability or resources to make the backup copy themselves'

Last edited by a moderator:

Warrior

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI 03 (Now changed for Jag XF 3.0D S), & Chrysler Crossfire Roadster 04 (SLK in Drag)
It's a bit baffling that he's got a fair bit pf positive feedback and absolutely no negative feedback

I don't do ebay but I understand there is (or was) a racket going on where groups of scallies got together and conducted lots of little trades between themselves which enabled them to give each other loads of positive feedback thus making themselves look ok to anyone considering dealing with them.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom