ODB on a W211

MotardMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 E320T, S124, W124, Sportline
Haivng just sorted out my 2002 Polo EGR light via the replacement of a faulty Lambda sensor and code read/reset, I want to know if the same kit can be used to read codes on the W211. The reader is a bluetooth enabled ODB2 dongle and the software sits on an Android phone. Brilliant bit of kit.

Cables are available to convert ODB to ODB2 fro Merc:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item43b40cedf2

Waste of my time for the W211?

surfer_2010uk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 E320 CDi
I have successfully used a OBD2 Bluetooth dongle on my w211 e320 cdi.
It does work with a android app and give codes to point you in the right direction.
Not as informative Star machine but then it only costs a tenner !, a useful tool in my opinion for general use.

Regards

Javed (surfer_2010uk) :)

OP
M

MotardMan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 E320T, S124, W124, Sportline
I have successfully used a OBD2 Bluetooth dongle on my w211 e320 cdi.
It does work with a android app and give codes to point you in the right direction.
Not as informative Star machine but then it only costs a tenner !, a useful tool in my opinion for general use.

That is exactly what I want it for, perfect answer, thanks very much. Considering VW wanted over £75 to read the codes, I reckon I can easily justify the cost on that basis alone. The fact I will be able to interface the W211 as well is simply icing on the cake.

;o)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom