Triangle sign with car in the middle & graphic assist?

ex09053

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class/2013/220CDI
So I just got my E-Class yesterday. I realised a light comes on now and then.

It is a red light (triangle with a car in the middle). Could anyone shine some light on what this is please?

Hoping its not a fault!! :confused:

ALSO, whilst I'm at it; what on earth is graphic assist? I tried turning it on but it didn't do anything? Maybe i'm not using it correctly.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Sounds like the distance warning. You are approaching a vehicle/object at too high a speed. Does a tone sound at the same time?

Its part of the Pre-Safe or Distronic system.

The "Assistance Graphic" under the the DriveAssyst menu is the lane assist function. Two green lines means you're in your lane OK.

Do you have the owner's handbook? If not download one from the link in this sticky thread

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=75191

Last edited:

Roxie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 350CDI 2012
Any one else noticed that this distance warning goes off for no reason

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Mine detects lamp posts and traffic island bollards quite often...

OP
E

ex09053

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class/2013/220CDI
Sounds like the distance warning. You are approaching a vehicle/object at too high a speed. Does a tone sound at the same time?

Its part of the Pre-Safe or Distronic system.

The "Assistance Graphic" under the the DriveAssyst menu is the lane assist function. Two green lines means you're in your lane OK.

Do you have the owner's handbook? If not download one from the link in this sticky thread

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=75191

Thanks. I have the handbook but I couldn't find anything about the distance warning. It seems pretty sensitive, goes off when I'm driving pretty calmly (so I think).

And the assistance graphic, does it only work on dual-carriageways and motorways?

OP
E

ex09053

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class/2013/220CDI
Any one else noticed that this distance warning goes off for no reason

Mine detects lamp posts and traffic island bollards quite often...

Mines pretty sensitive too. Will leave it on for a few days and see how it goes. Might end up turning the system off if it gets too annoying.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
I've had my c250 for 18 months and that light has never lit. When I test drove the e350 last week it flashed a fair few times.
The c250 lights that warning when ign is on. Must be a torque thing ?

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Pedantic :)

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was using the search feature to find out info on this warning . Sorry for reviving an ancient thread. I didn't realise

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Mine seems fairly accurate it shows a red light graphic only if approaching another vehicle too fast and sounds when you are in dire danger of a collision.

Robin

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Also comes in if your travelling too close to the car in front

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I was using the search feature to find out info on this warning . Sorry for reviving an ancient thread. I didn't realise
haha no problem, just being my usual self o_O, mine used to do this quite a lot, normally when passing accumulations of roadside electronic equipment and bus stops for no apparent reason:geek::rolleyes:

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
haha no problem, just being my usual self o_O, mine used to do this quite a lot, normally when passing accumulations of roadside electronic equipment and bus stops for no apparent reason:geek::rolleyes:

2014 really

Old threads become new threads John as people advance to different models when we can afford such luxuries. If we all bought the models on release threads would be put to bed and stayed locked away. That's the glory of forums ,dinosaurs stay buried threads don't.

Last edited:

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
If the triangle is just showing in the dash then that means that the auto-brake feature isn't guaranteed to stop the car before it hits the vehicle in front as you're too close for the speed at which you're driving.

If the triangle flashes, accompanied by an insistent beeping, then it has detected a potential collision with an object that can be avoided by steering - it should only apply the brakes if the detected obstacle is in front of the car.

On my may the Driver assist package will also apply the brakes on one side in order to pull the car away from a potential side collision, such as when someone attempts to cut me up, say on a roundabout.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If the triangle is just showing in the dash then that means that the auto-brake feature isn't guaranteed to stop the car before it hits the vehicle in front as you're too close for the speed at which you're driving.

If the triangle flashes, accompanied by an insistent beeping, then it has detected a potential collision with an object that can be avoided by steering - it should only apply the brakes if the detected obstacle is in front of the car.

On my may the Driver assist package will also apply the brakes on one side in order to pull the car away from a potential side collision, such as when someone attempts to cut me up, say on a roundabout.

Thanks for the sensible reply. Very good ...

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
HAHHA

I remeber when we got our C Class, my mother had the same isse, she was rather worried and went to the dealers and asked.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom