C class oil question

tradedog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Kompressor 2006
Hi all

I have just purchased a 2004 C Class 180 Kompressor. It is in great condition, low mileage and drives well.

After searching for a dip stick I worked out that the car measures its own oil level. It said add 1.5 litres which I did. Dash then read correct level.

A few questions:

(1) Manual says expect oil consumption of .8 of a litre every 1000 kms. Seems high to me?

(2) There is no oil pressure warning light on dash. Is the driver warned in any way of low oil pressure?

(3) My driveway is extremely steep and long, is the oil pick up in the motor situated in such a way as to deal with this?

(4) The on dash info says service due in 6000kms. can this only be set by a genuine MB dealer service? Can I believe this?

The car is absolutely immaculate and obviously belonged to a fastidious owner.

Lastly, can the car be "tweaked" in any way for a little extra performance? Maybe slightly bigger drive pulley for the supercharger? ECU?

My thanks in advance for any advice.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi all

I have just purchased a 2004 C Class 180 Kompressor. It is in great condition, low mileage and drives well.

Nice cars.

After searching for a dip stick I worked out that the car measures its own oil level. It said add 1.5 litres which I did. Dash then read correct level.
Thats OK.

A few questions:

(1) Manual says expect oil consumption of .8 of a litre every 1000 kms. Seems high to me?
They give the worst figure, most hardly use any, high speed driving uses more

(2) There is no oil pressure warning light on dash. Is the driver warned in any way of low oil pressure?
There is a warning lamp

(3) My driveway is extremely steep and long, is the oil pick up in the motor situated in such a way as to deal with this?
I have one of the steepest drives that you can have and never a problem.

(4) The on dash info says service due in 6000kms. can this only be set by a genuine MB dealer service? Can I believe this?
You can reset this on the steering wheel buttons.

The car is absolutely immaculate and obviously belonged to a fastidious owner.

Lastly, can the car be "tweaked" in any way for a little extra performance? Maybe slightly bigger drive pulley for the supercharger? ECU?

My thanks in advance for any advice.
Any gain would not be worth while, about 12 bhp at the most.

Last edited:
OP
T

tradedog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Kompressor 2006
C Class oil

Thanks for all that information.

Where is the oil pressure warning light?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Unless the bulb has failed or been removed its in with all the tell tale lamps.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom