and then it counts down 7 seconds and skips to another video
I don't have a clue as to why?

OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
No clue whatsoever, what happens if you click the replay icon?

S

shaggy

Yes but it won't start for me
I'm on my iPad now so will take another look now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S

shaggy

"This video has content from EMI , who has blocked it from display on this website"
Then underneath it says "watch on YouTube "

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
That's the one...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just watched that again :(, if only parts of it could be shown on the box to use in safety adds.

I find down where I live that the standard of driving falls of to a very low level when it is hot and folk on their way home after a day by the sea. They lose their general manners and do not give way to oncoming traffic when there is a parked car on their side of the road, and just blast their way through.

The contents of the clip will stay with me again for quite some time.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Just watched that again :(, if only parts of it could be shown on the box to use in safety adds.

I find down where I live that the standard of driving falls of to a very low level when it is hot and folk on their way home after a day by the sea. They lose their general manners and do not give way to oncoming traffic when there is a parked car on their side of the road, and just blast their way through.

The contents of the clip will stay with me again for quite some time.

Most of them are foreign, but the second clip and the ones at 2:40, 4:20, 5:25 were all NI road safety campaigns and are still shown today.

Harvey Yates

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
171 SLK 350, 2005
If a driver was arrested after killing someone, especially a child or woman, then we would put them on 'suicide watch' in their cell because if you didn't there might well be a second series of next of kin to tell.

That's what they should make a video of, the police attending the NoK, walking into a house where there are toys on the floor, pictures on the wall, and then a person being told that, for them, the life they knew is over. Then seeing the full import gradually sink in: the empty cot, the empty chair and the empty house.

There's nothing you can say to help them. All you can do is mumble and wonder where your wife and your kids are at the moment.

epervier

Active Senior Members
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 coupe 1996 Sl500 1998
In a former life in the 70's, I owned a garage/body-shop,the business was on a rota 24hr call out recovery with three other local garages to Hampshire Constabulary, the two most horrific will never leave my mind, a Triumph tr4a collided with a artic petrol tanker,the truck was turning right and the tr4 was hammering towards it at a huge rate of knots and drove under the trailer chassis taking the windscreen and everything else that was at the same level, the guys head was found on the other side of the road more than 180' from the impact point.

The second, and more personally shocking for me was a head on,5.30 in the morning on the A326 a mini and a Vauxhall estate met head on, the mini trying to overtake on a single carriageway the mini caught fire the two occupants did not get free of the car, after fire-fighters extinguished the fire, plod and undertaker finished I recovered the two vehicles.

After the recovery I went to visit my mother,only to find out from her that the mini was owned by her lodger, a girl of only 19, her boyfriend was driving it that morning and didn't even have a licence. two young lives lost because of stupidity.

Last edited:
OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
The original link no longer works, so updating with this one.

Watch all the way through, with the sound on....

[YOUTUBE]0rfuwbqzEy4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Haven't posted for a while, as I sold my faithful W203 C 270 (recently replaced with similar), but this video brought home to me how accountable every driver is when he starts his vehicle. Thanks for showing it.

Where I now live, the area is mostly narrow country lanes. No matter how slowly and carefully you negotiate each bend, your combined speed with an oncoming vehicle is nearly always too fast - as numerous close encounters have demonstrated. Low speed bumps might not kill, but they are still avoidable accidents. Most of those in the video were avoidable also.

Regular retraining would help, but its effects fade with time. It is the mind-set of each driver that really needs altering, and such training has little long term effect on this.

MEMERC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 250AMG
Agree mandatory viewing maybe with the safety message that comes up when you turn on the radio/SatNav.
Strangely addictive are the Russian crash videos on YouTube which if you watch them often enough sometimes enable you to spot the accident before it happens. I'm convinced my observation & spatial awareness has improved but I also admit to driving far slower then ever before because I'm less busy or stressed but mainly because I've observed that I get to a destination no quicker.
For example was bumbling along between 40 & 50mph on wet 60mph limited rural road with a few bends & straight stretches. Up comes a Golf all over my backside trying to hustle me along. I change my speed not a jot & he gets by eventually in a cloud of spray going like the clappers. 2 miles down the road there he is stuck behind other cars, endlessly braking & weaving about. 5 miles later I'm still behind him as he queues to join a dual-carriageway. He does so by giving the car the beans only to find himself stuck in traffic again.
I undertake him on a very long exit slip road & continue my chilled-out relaxed drive.

AhmadAzhar

New Registration
Reaction score
Website
sellcargetcash.com
Your Mercedes
Kia Sportage 2010
I haven't watched the complete video but I thought the idea was good. The drivers must see such videos once in a month. It is mandatory to remember these incidents while driving down the road to drive safety.

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
****** hell thats a powerful film,been driving fair few years,and I do think we all get a bit over confident when driving,and prob think we're better than we are,but there is so much more cars on the road now as well from when I passed me test all thoughs years ago,let's be honest would most of us on here pass the theory test now ,I don't think I would,also we have a lot of our immigrant peps driving over here,most have no idea about our roads yet they can still drive on them,yes the cars today are built better and are safer than when I started to drive,£40 triumph herald rotten as a pear,but still only lump of metal,also I've said on here before .as much as I love my car,dream come true for me ,it does seem to attract the boy racers who seem to come from nowhere and want to beat you ,at lights or overtake you were ever they can,I just let them go not into that at all,I keep expecting to find them rapped round a tree down the road.my freind is a driving instructor ,might ask him if it's worth doing my advanced .see how out of touch I really am

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
****** hell thats a powerful film,been driving fair few years,and I do think we all get a bit over confident when driving,and prob think we're better than we are,but there is so much more cars on the road now as well from when I passed me test all thoughs years ago,let's be honest would most of us on here pass the theory test now ,I don't think I would,also we have a lot of our immigrant peps driving over here,most have no idea about our roads yet they can still drive on them,yes the cars today are built better and are safer than when I started to drive,£40 triumph herald rotten as a pear,but still only lump of metal,also I've said on here before .as much as I love my car,dream come true for me ,it does seem to attract the boy racers who seem to come from nowhere and want to beat you ,at lights or overtake you were ever they can,I just let them go not into that at all,I keep expecting to find them rapped round a tree down the road.my freind is a driving instructor ,might ask him if it's worth doing my advanced .see how out of touch I really am

Dreadful innit...they should be banned...and of course we shouldn't be allowed to drive on the other side of the channel?

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
Dreadful innit...they should be banned...and of course we shouldn't be allowed to drive on the other side of the channel?[/QUOTNot saying every one ,but the driving test in some orther countries ain't as strict as ours,a lot of the accidents with lorrys are with foreign drivers,come round by me and look at the taxi drivers the worst drivers on the road ,park were they like,don't indicate ,cut you up ,yes nearly all foreign,would I drive abroad meself ,no would not feel confident enough

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Dreadful innit...they should be banned...and of course we shouldn't be allowed to drive on the other side of the channel?[/QUOTNot saying every one ,but the driving test in some orther countries ain't as strict as ours,a lot of the accidents with lorrys are with foreign drivers,come round by me and look at the taxi drivers the worst drivers on the road ,park were they like,don't indicate ,cut you up ,yes nearly all foreign,would I drive abroad meself ,no would not feel confident enough

We have taxi drivers like that too...locally born.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom