Jeremy Corbyn.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
In a fair and objective way (if possible)

What are Jeremys strong points ?

he is after all looking like leader of the opposition (maybe)

I would like to champion his relaxed manner and his total indifference towards the image consultant media trained approach.
His "liason" with Dianne Abbott is the stuff of legend.
How many of us are that brave ?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
What Jon said. He has utter conviction in his beliefs and direction.

Unfortunately, he is also both gullible and totally, utterly divorced from reality. As well as that he is a physical and moral coward. That's an incredibly dangerous combination in a politician.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
What Jon said. He has utter conviction in his beliefs and direction.

Unfortunately, he is also both gullible and totally, utterly divorced from reality. As well as that he is a physical and moral coward. That's an incredibly dangerous combination in a politician.
That's a little harsh Craig, I have to agree wholeheartedly however :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

I wasn't going to be that nice :)

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
Well whatever all the stereotypes and obsession with personality etc, having just read their draft manifesto key points the only bit I disagree with is the benefits section (I personally would just provide a payment for everything and no housing benefit, right to houses etc and let people share houses to save costs and give some personal responsibility but no policy from any of the parties would be that "radical").

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39879113

There's nothing hugely left wing or crazy there, in fact the Tory manifesto is probably very similar in most areas...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Well whatever all the stereotypes and obsession with personality etc, having just read their draft manifesto key points the only bit I disagree with is the benefits section (I personally would just provide a payment for everything and no housing benefit, right to houses etc and let people share houses to save costs and give some personal responsibility but no policy from any of the parties would be that "radical").

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39879113

There's nothing hugely left wing or crazy there, in fact the Tory manifesto is probably very similar in most areas...

Where is the money going to come from to pay for that manifesto? So far it is running at three times greater than the available balance of income from the last analysis I saw.

Why try to initiate multilateral disarmament when the "other side" is actively increasing nuclear armaments? What form will the Trident system replacement take? What else will they do for the RN? Hint- the RN looks set to have fewer than 20 combatant hulls total from 2024.

Where is a commitment to industry (not workers)? Where is there anything inviting greater investment in the future industrial production of this country?

That manifesto to me reads:

Renationalise
Secure more benefits

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
Where is the money going to come from to pay for that manifesto? So far it is running at three times greater than the available balance of income from the last analysis I saw.

Why try to initiate multilateral disarmament when the "other side" is actively increasing nuclear armaments? What form will the Trident system replacement take? What else will they do for the RN? Hint- the RN looks set to have fewer than 20 combatant hulls total from 2024.

Where is a commitment to industry (not workers)? Where is there anything inviting greater investment in the future industrial production of this country?

That manifesto to me reads:

Renationalise
Secure more benefits

I don't follow UK politics that closely any more but is it really going to cost any more than the Conservative one? All the manifestos in the past spent within 99,5% of each other! I'm not interested in military spending (though he's agreed 2% of GDP so will hardly disband it), disagree with the benefits spending, agree with the nationalisation of natural monopolies.

I'll dig out the conservative key manifesto but doubt it will have anything concrete in it to attract industry or industrial production either.

Not saying he's great but it just doesn't look to me like he'll take the country back to the 70s or whatever the propaganda says. To be honest I believe that Brexit will do far more potential harm than renationalising the railways and abolishing the bedroom tax will.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's not what the Labour manifesto costs, but how it will be paid. So far he has police officers on £30/ yr or £8000/ yr salaries, a set of tax cuts estimated to be 3x bigger than they actually are paying for 4 things each of which will take the entire tax cut, now he is suggesting that the railways be renationalised- so that's around £15bn he'll have to find to buy the stock and infra. And it goes on.

The 2% thing on defence is a misnomer as Corbyn has very pointedly said he has no use for the military. Considering that we are an island the RN is pretty important for us. One of the biggest problems defence spending wise occurred when the cost of the Deterrent was rolled into the Defence Budget, rather than direct from the Treasury. That directly impacted on overall Service numbers.

Brexit has the potential to do harm. Under Corbyn Brexit has a very high probability (note the difference) of doing great harm, due to his cowardice. I have no doubts That Man would surrender our negotiating position to the Euros just to avoid confrontation.

Gergely Ferenc Gyepesi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML 320 CDI SE, 2006
The key element in this whole mess is BREXIT.Admit that it was a biggest single mistake that has been produced in this century and drop it.
You will be surprised how fast the country and all that suffering since the idea first came up will heal itself.
That is how simple this is.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The key element in this whole mess is BREXIT.Admit that it was a biggest single mistake that has been produced in this century and drop it.
You will be surprised how fast the country and all that suffering since the idea first came up will heal itself.
That is how simple this is.

The issue there is that:

A) the country voted in its favour.
B) since then, just about every word from Europe towards the U.K. Has been dictatorial. That really doesn't wash with the British psyche, puts our backs up and makes us all the more determined.
C) The EU is not exactly in the best of positions, it has 3 global threats on a grand strategic level (the US, Russia and China) and due to the way its behaviour in B) has been perceived, is playing to the strengths of those threats.

That is how simple this isn't.

Gergely Ferenc Gyepesi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a,
The issue there is that:

A) the country voted in its favour.
B) since then, just about every word from Europe towards the U.K. Has been dictatorial. That really doesn't wash with the British psyche, puts our backs up and makes us all the more determined.
C) The EU is not exactly in the best of positions, it has 3 global threats on a grand strategic level (the US, Russia and China) and due to the way its behaviour in B) has been perceived, is playing to the strengths of those threats.

That is how simple this isn't.[/QUOTE

A,those votes are from the racially and stupidly unraged bunch of people with having not one single clue about what are they voting for :)
B, since the UK and that delirious woman Theresa May had done nothing but threatening the whole EU what were you expecting to hear?grow up Mate.You in real and dream life cannot just get everything that is good for you and ignore the bad things while you taking a **** out of the otherside
C, everything went downhill in the UK and Europe still standing strong,your information is nothing but a makebelieve propaganda :)

That is how simple is that :)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
[QUOTE="Gergely Ferenc Gyepesi, post: 1523721, member: 83604"

A,those votes are from the racially and stupidly unraged bunch of people with having not one single clue about what are they voting for :) That's an interesting take on it. Ask C350Carl if he is en(un)raged, racially stupid and not having a single clue- he voted out. I voted in, as it happens, but I support the consensus.
B, since the UK and that delirious woman Theresa May had done nothing but threatening the whole EU what were you expecting to hear?grow up Mate.You in real and dream life cannot just get everything that is good for you and ignore the bad things while you taking a **** out of the otherside Again, no. Look at what the UK Government position has been. To separate from the EU and obtain the best position in as many fields possible for the UK. Regardless of the rhetoric, that is what the Government have said.

C, everything went downhill in the UK and Europe still standing strong,your information is nothing but a makebelieve propaganda :) No, my information is accurate. Putin has directly threatened Europe's gas supplies. Putin is building his conventional forces up specifically in the Western Military District e.g. that which borders Poland & Lithuania. Putin is making threatening noises towards Europe, specifically Germany. Trump has specifically courted the UK in Brexit discussions and has specifically made noises about supporting other countries that wish to leave the EU. Trump wants to break the EU up as that supports US foreign policy (removing challengers to its position as Hegemon). China is going after European business interests worldwide (and Russian, and American too). China is making big inroads into the traditionally European-supported African states rich in mineral resources and poor in manpower, talent and infrastructure. All of those 3 geopolitical points have the EU in their focus. Why? Because the EU is the easiest of the 3 to split up, and because it directly challenges the established positions of the other 3.

That is how simple is that :)[/QUOTE]

Try not to be offensive in your postings please.

Gergely Ferenc Gyepesi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
[QUOTE="Gergely Ferenc Gyepesi, post: 1523721, member: 83604"

A,those votes are from the racially and stupidly unraged bunch of people with having not one single clue about what are they voting for :) That's an interesting take on it. Ask C350Carl if he is en(un)raged, racially stupid and not having a single clue- he voted out. I voted in, as it happens, but I support the consensus.
B, since the UK and that delirious woman Theresa May had done nothing but threatening the whole EU what were you expecting to hear?grow up Mate.You in real and dream life cannot just get everything that is good for you and ignore the bad things while you taking a **** out of the otherside Again, no. Look at what the UK Government position has been. To separate from the EU and obtain the best position in as many fields possible for the UK. Regardless of the rhetoric, that is what the Government have said.

C, everything went downhill in the UK and Europe still standing strong,your information is nothing but a makebelieve propaganda :) No, my information is accurate. Putin has directly threatened Europe's gas supplies. Putin is building his conventional forces up specifically in the Western Military District e.g. that which borders Poland & Lithuania. Putin is making threatening noises towards Europe, specifically Germany. Trump has specifically courted the UK in Brexit discussions and has specifically made noises about supporting other countries that wish to leave the EU. Trump wants to break the EU up as that supports US foreign policy (removing challengers to its position as Hegemon). China is going after European business interests worldwide (and Russian, and American too). China is making big inroads into the traditionally European-supported African states rich in mineral resources and poor in manpower, talent and infrastructure. All of those 3 geopolitical points have the EU in their focus. Why? Because the EU is the easiest of the 3 to split up, and because it directly challenges the established positions of the other 3.

That is how simple is that :)

Try not to be offensive in your postings please.[/QUOTE]
First thing first I am not offensive no more than any of you who voicing an opinion here.Everything can be offensive it is all about the angle and sensitivity you looking the facts.All the things about Putyin and Trump, seriously both of them are a delusional clowns.Putyin less than Trump by miles.Putyin does this to anyone includign the UK as well don't harbour fake drams about it.Even if the few like C350Carl are different the most of the people are the ones I just described.It was very easy to use that mass of the citizens to enrage up to the hate level that needed for this vote.I don't know which wolrd you are living in but I have spent over 10 years in UK Government. Agencies from Police to Local Governments so let's just assume I have more hands on experience on this than you probably unless you are in the same line of occupation right now.The UK Government position is in the pile of **** Mate.Scotland is in the verge of getting out and trust me they will be,and the rest will follow them.The so called Unkted Kingdom will be shattered single handedly by this very act.But you know what do have a party and be happy for this crazyness just as much as you all want.None of you will agree and admit being wrong not until the disaster desolate the country and even than you all going to find somebody or somethig els to blame :) now How do you like them apples? :)
,,,and that simple is the simple is,,,

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What have you done job wise for the UK government..? I'd like to understand the veracity of your commentary, and to be blunt I'd rather not assume that you have more hands on experience of anything than I do, or indeed anyone else on here.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
For me Corbyns one and only strong point is he steadfastly refuses to resign even if he loses the election. That will keep Labour out of power for the forseeable.

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
Re the OPs question

I think Jeremy is a well meaning man of integrity and not out to pursue his own career. He was elected by the Labour Party and holds traditional Labour values.

I disagree with him but respect his honesty.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom