New tyres for E350 Cab!

Pete Sutton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Cab 2016
Hi guys, I’m new to this forum. I need some recommendation on some new tyres for my 2016 E350 cabriolet. I have Continental 235/35/19’s on the front and 255/30/19’s on the rear. I have covered 15,000 miles and need to replace very soon. My question is do I have to stick with some new Continentals, or are there better tyres out there! I have read somewhere about the Goodyear asymmetric’s, (or anything else) do they make them for my car and has anyone tried them? Many thanks in advance for any advice.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The favourite for a few of us on here is the Uniroyal Rainsport 3. Don't last as long as some but are cheap as chips and stick incredibly well.

Goodyear Assymetric 3 are another favourite on here but there can be issues if you on't fit 4 as they don't mix well with some other tyres.

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
I use Falkens or Goodyear Superior Grip. Both are long lasting and give good grip in the rain. I've currently got Pirelli Scorpions on the Kuga and they're good as well.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Can’t argue with above. I also run winters in Uniroyal MS Plus 77, same size all round which is an option.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
+1 for Uniroyal especially with the price I paid

OP
P

Pete Sutton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Cab 2016
Thanks for the prompt replies guys, I will check some prices out in the morning.

Glynn350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e350 cdi cabriolet 2012
Hi, another new owner here, also with an E350 cab. I've just put Goodyear Asymetrical 3's on the front of mine replacing the worn conti's and think they are excellent, much better than the crap that the previous owner put on the rear. (Davanti or something, which struggle massively to put the power down, and will be getting changed soon).

I witnessed someone get run over recently, which wasn't pleasant(They survived though), but I had to do an emergency stop in the wet from 30-40mph, and i didn't even feel the abs kick in, the tyres just dug in and gripped, really impressed with the wet performance, a necessity 'up Norf'

OP
P

Pete Sutton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Cab 2016
The favourite for a few of us on here is the Uniroyal Rainsport 3. Don't last as long as some but are cheap as chips and stick incredibly well.

Goodyear Assymetric 3 are another favourite on here but there can be issues if you on't fit 4 as they don't mix well with some other tyres.
Just click the links I posted
Will do, thanks for your help!

OP
P

Pete Sutton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Cab 2016
Hi, another new owner here, also with an E350 cab. I've just put Goodyear Asymetrical 3's on the front of mine replacing the worn conti's and think they are excellent, much better than the crap that the previous owner put on the rear. (Davanti or something, which struggle massively to put the power down, and will be getting changed soon).

I witnessed someone get run over recently, which wasn't pleasant(They survived though), but I had to do an emergency stop in the wet from 30-40mph, and i didn't even feel the abs kick in, the tyres just dug in and gripped, really impressed with the wet performance, a necessity 'up Norf'
I’ve been looking at these tyres, good to hear that you are happy with them.

OP
P

Pete Sutton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Cab 2016
One more question guys, I have narrowed it down to the Goodyear Asymetrical 3's and the Uniroyal Rainsport 3.
Just checking that both these tyre choices are run flat or reinforced (as obviously I have no spare) and will not affect my Mercedes manufacturers warranty by choosing them over the Continentals the car was supplied with?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
You never mentioned run flats!
Hideous things which I wouldn’t have personally. I run with standard tyres and a space saver or gunk.
Better not say this out loud but in 10 years I’ve not had a puncture (maybe a slow but that’s all)
Your manufacturers warranty will not be affected by wear items, since those are consumable and they won’t replace them under warranty anyway.
Non standard sizing may affect a claim but thats all.

OP
P

Pete Sutton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Cab 2016
H
Hideous things which I wouldn’t have personally. I run with standard tyres and a space saver or gunk.
Better not say this out loud but in 10 years I’ve not had a puncture (maybe a slow but that’s all)
Your manufacturers warranty will not be affected by wear items, since those are consumable and they won’t replace them under warranty anyway.
Ha! Sorry about that John, I should have mentioned that! However I have gone ahead and ordered the Uniroyal Rainsport 3"s in the end.

Last edited:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
People forget with run flats that you can't normally drive more than 50 miles anyway with an issue so they are not a get out of jail free card .

OP
P

Pete Sutton

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Cab 2016
People forget with run flats that you can't normally drive more than 50 miles anyway with an issue so they are not a get out of jail free card .
I get that, although obviously the problem is, that I am so limited for boot space

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom