S211 2007 Tailgate strut replacement

lmfao

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E280 S211 2007 Diesel
Hello all,
My s211 2007 manual tailgate is starting to creak when I open and close, although its still working it is becoming a bit annoying especially as it doesn't open fully and I have to push it up a bit, I have had a few bumps where i keep knocking my head on it. So I have two questions.

1. Do any of you chaps have a part number / recommendation for replacement parts?
2. Do any of you chaps have replacement instructions? I reckon i can do this my self on a warm and sunny day. if you do, please forward to ticg@hotmail.com

Thanks Mo

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hello all,
My s211 2007 manual tailgate is starting to creak when I open and close, although its still working it is becoming a bit annoying especially as it doesn't open fully and I have to push it up a bit, I have had a few bumps where i keep knocking my head on it. So I have two questions.

1. Do any of you chaps have a part number / recommendation for replacement parts?
2. Do any of you chaps have replacement instructions? I reckon i can do this my self on a warm and sunny day. if you do, please forward to ticg@hotmail.com

Thanks Mo
The part number is written on the side of the strut , you can search it on eBay . There are little metal Spring clips on the end of the strut , when the boot is fully open , pop the clip off with a small screw driver , it will fly off so put your hand in the way , then tap each end of the strut away from the bodywork stud it is fixed to .

OP
L

lmfao

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E280 S211 2007 Diesel
Thanks Keefysher,
Didn't think about regassing, Im in South London so will see if i can get that done near me,
If i do opt for replacements then im still looking for some fitting instructions...

Actually - I just saw on thir website, they supply fitting instructions as well... Ok may give these guys a go.

Can you believe I called Merc up and they charge 114.60 per strut!!!!!

OP
L

lmfao

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E280 S211 2007 Diesel
The part number is written on the side of the strut , you can search it on eBay . There are little metal Spring clips on the end of the strut , when the boot is fully open , pop the clip off with a small screw driver , it will fly off so put your hand in the way , then tap each end of the strut away from the bodywork stud it is fixed to .

Thanks Wighty - i will give it a go

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Thanks Keefysher,
Didn't think about regassing, Im in South London so will see if i can get that done near me,
If i do opt for replacements then im still looking for some fitting instructions...

Actually - I just saw on thir website, they supply fitting instructions as well... Ok may give these guys a go.

Can you believe I called Merc up and they charge 114.60 per strut!!!!!

The SGS regas service doesn't matter where you are, you remove, send, receive, refit. I've used them several times for upgrading tailgate struts to take bike carriers where I've wanted lots of bikes on!!

Do not underestimate the weight of the tailgate once you remove the strut/s. I use telescopic broom handles, 1 each side to support the tailgate before removing strut/s, then get assistance to close the tailgate, assistance to open and prop up before refitting the strut/s.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That's a good tip thanks , I've asked for a regas quote for my Clk , see if it's cheaper than £38 for two new ones .
Just ordered 2 new struts from sgs , £38 delivered for the CLk , the cost to regas was only a few quid cheaper .

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2 struts arrived for the Clk boot from sgs . Half hour later , boot holds up again . Well pleased :D

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom