Do these look ok for an approved MB?

Billy Big Roy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400 Convertible
Collected the car on the 07.12.17 and I've driven it no more than 700 miles, mostly motorways.

At the grand old age of 50, I'm not a hard fast driver so I haven't contributed to these wearing.

It was a tyre company I use that commented on them as they new I had only just got the car.

What do you think?

IMG_0332.JPG

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I’d have said they had 4-5k on them......

OP
Billy Big Roy

Billy Big Roy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400 Convertible
I’d have said they had 4-5k on them......

I should of took a picture of the sensor. I won't be getting that mileage before for warning light comes on.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Certainly not long on those before the light comes on. We don't let 'em out like that ;)

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Certainly don’t look like they will last 12 months and as I assume the car was serviced prior to collection doesn’t meet MBs service code of practice whereby they should get you to the next service

Brakes pads and discs are big service earners for garages, I took a Ford Focus my daughter had bought back within a couple of weeks with similarly worn pads and discs at the front and insisted the garage changed them, I shamed them with the comment that the car she traded in had much better brakes, to their credit they changed them

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I think approved used means if it will last 3000miles/3 months they are considered acceptable . Pads are often more worn on the inside !
You could put them in for a winter health check , and when they say it needs new discs as well , say why did you sell it to me like that :D

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
Dont be surprised that more things have been missed with their multi point check they are supposed to do on their "approved" used cars.

My approved used black CLS had been checked , serviced , valeted and was ready to go to its next owner. So how "someone" missed the sunscreen handprint on the rear quarter or the deep scratch on the lower part on the drivers door i dont know :rolleyes:.

They have got a habit of not checking things properly during their expensive servicing schedule , i was informed that my front pads had 7mm of material on them but 1000 miles later they were down to 3mm bringing on the pad wear warning indicator , the air filters were also clogged even though the car had a FMBSH.

I made an appointment with the service manager and we had a chat and the monies were refunded for the new pads and filter that i fitted myself.

Kenny

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Air filters never get changed often enough on standard service schedules.

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock

Mine were never replaced , even after seven MB services. Their logic was that the car had covered <40k so they never even looked at them to give them a "token" blow out with an airline.

If i had not been replacing the glow plugs which entailed removing the filters then i would not have bothered checking them.

I fitted Mann filters at the extortionate price of £20 from ECP , you would think that at an average servicing price of £500 pa that they could have stuck a set of filters in at the 37k service.

They were probably signed out of the store and used on a homer by one of the techs.

Kenny

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Don’t look great tbh and additionally those hubs are quite nasty- should have been cleaned and painted

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Don’t look great tbh and additionally those hubs are quite nasty- should have been cleaned and painted

Mercedes don't seem able to prevent their wheel bolts & brake calipers rust free let alone their hubs :shock:

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
In fairness my MB dealer changes them, their argument is mileage makes them dirty, but time also has an effect especially on car kept outside. Damp isnt the filters best friend.

E.g. my mothers 10 year old C270 CDi had only done 13,000 miles!
Likewise spark plugs it would be 15 years before changeing them on mileage, far too long to avoid them possibly being corroded in.

Top Bottom