Demister and aircon not working

john.james82

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupe W207 - 2010
Guys, there is no air coming from my windscreen demister or air vents. The air control unit turns on and you can increase fan speed and temperature etc but nothing happens.

Any idea were I looking to start looking to sort this?

Could the car need the air con refilled/regased? From search it seems that when this is required the air con will work but then switch off in 5-10mins. Mine stays on but there is no air.

Its a E350, 2010, C207.

OP
J

john.james82

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupe W207 - 2010
I've also just noticed that a very low humming sound can be heard when the air is switched on

OP
J

john.james82

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupe W207 - 2010
Update - I got myself a Carsoft MB ii scanner. It gave the below codes.

A10D21 the power supply is too low
90B349 electric heater booster 1 has a malfunction

Can anybody point me in the right direction to start investigating how to fix the air? I'm not having much luck with Google.

Also, I stupidity cleared the codes using the scanner. Now when i rescan there are no error codes. Is there a way to get these back. The code said "Stored".

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Probably got a leak in the system somewhere. The condensor at the front is a favourite as it gets hit with all the crud from the road. Need to get a dye put in the system to see where it is leaking.

Paul Goff

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 C220CDi CD Estate
Guys, there is no air coming from my windscreen demister or air vents. The air control unit turns on and you can increase fan speed and temperature etc but nothing happens.

Could the car need the air con refilled/regased? From search it seems that when this is required the air con will work but then switch off in 5-10mins. Mine stays on but there is no air.

Its a E350, 2010, C207.

It is quite possible that a simple lack of airflow into the cabin is not related to the air conditioning per se!

If you are getting no air flow from some or all of the vents regardless of temperature setpoint and whether the air conditioning is switched on or off, you could have problems with the air control motors/flaps failing/sticking.

There is a set up/reset procedure for the flaps which you may be able to do yourself, however I do not know how to do it on your car, perhaps someone else can help with this?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Also check the pollen filter isn't clogged. Its a common thing for them to be 'overlooked' when doing a service (but still charged for).

notacarguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d 2010 Automatic

Its a E350, 2010, C207.
Hello
Have you resolved this? I seem to have the same issue

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom