E63S

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Hi from the pitifully cold North West! My E63S goes into build on Friday with a hopeful delivery date of end 1st week in March. My second consecutive AMG - had the S63 Coupe before - but definately the meanest :) Hope to see some of you at any regional meets when the weather improves (though 4Matic is quite handy in the wet ;-) )

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi snipez999, welcome to the forum, what a great choice, I'm green with envy :rolleyes: In truth I'm probably a bit too old for one them, would have loved one when I was younger :)

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Hello from another E63s owner in the North West.

I'm definitely too old for mine but I'm not bothered. I've always had silly cars and see no reason to stop as yet. :D

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hi from the pitifully cold North West! My E63S goes into build on Friday with a hopeful delivery date of end 1st week in March. My second consecutive AMG - had the S63 Coupe before - but definately the meanest :) Hope to see some of you at any regional meets when the weather improves (though 4Matic is quite handy in the wet ;-) )
Welcome also from a too old E63 (only 212) owner in Wirralshire surrounded by the sea ;)

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi snipez999 and welcome to the forum - from Hampshire near the sea!

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
I watched this car get a full review by chris harris , I must say its an impressive machine indeed and he ( bar the engine noise ) was extremely impressed with it too

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I watched this car get a full review by chris harris , I must say its an impressive machine indeed and he ( bar the engine noise ) was extremely impressed with it too

It was the Harris review which swayed me towards buying mine. Agree about the lack of noise, though the switchable exhaust system helps it along quite a bit.

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Assume you stumped up for the sports exhaust too then? From memory it was about 900 quid

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Yes, it has the switch on it.

Worth it in my opinion, makes the car sound a lot better.

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Hello Snipez. Another E63S on order here. Mine should arrive in early/mid March.

Sadly I’m not “oop north”.

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Hello Snipez. Another E63S on order here. Mine should arrive in early/mid March.

Sadly I’m not “oop north”.
Yeah we've 'spoken' on another page in the forums here I believe mate :)
Let's have a contest to see who gets theirs first!

Spec:
E63S
Designo Selenite Grey Metallic
Exclusive Nappa leather, black/grey
Designo piano black flowing lines trim
AMG Drivers Package
Air Balance Package
AMG Night Package
HUD
Heated rear seats
Closing aid for doors
Wireless charging & Digital key smartphone
Driving assistance plus package
360 Degree camera
20in AMG Cross spoke Forged high gloss black alloys
AMG performance exhaust

Oh and I got a very strange 11.6% off list :)

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Yeah we've 'spoken' on another page in the forums here I believe mate :)
Let's have a contest to see who gets theirs first!

Spec:
E63S
Designo Selenite Grey Metallic
Exclusive Nappa leather, black/grey
Designo piano black flowing lines trim
AMG Drivers Package
Air Balance Package
AMG Night Package
HUD
Heated rear seats
Closing aid for doors
Wireless charging & Digital key smartphone
Driving assistance plus package
360 Degree camera
20in AMG Cross spoke Forged high gloss black alloys
AMG performance exhaust

Oh and I got a very strange 11.6% off list :)

So we have!

Nice spec, not too dissimilar from mine.

I got the same discount as you...enjoy your trip to Grimsby. ;)

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Nope, further South (like 4.5 hours South of there). Hate to publish names in case they were on some kind of 'special' deal and all that. Good thing is I get plenty of motorway miles to get used to things on the way home. Bad thing is the shitty train journey down there as they only do piddly little trains with no 1st class on them!

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Nope, further South (like 4.5 hours South of there). Hate to publish names in case they were on some kind of 'special' deal and all that. Good thing is I get plenty of motorway miles to get used to things on the way home. Bad thing is the shitty train journey down there as they only do piddly little trains with no 1st class on them!

I’ll wave to you on your way down. I’ll be jumping on a train and heading up north to collect mine. Looks like we ordered at the right time, as it seems the dealerships have really tightened up on discounts on these. I ordered mine via Carwow to get the discount, but I believe the best you can get now is about 3.6% off. Most dealerships aren’t offering any discount at all.

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Ha! I used Carwow too. Also got my S63 Coupe from them after being told by Manager at local AMG dealership that "they don't give discounts". The 7 grand I save on that one paid for insurance and petrol for the year I had it (I am fickle and it just wasn't big enough in the end). Why don't I collect yours from Grimsby, you mine from Cardiff and we'll meet up in Birmingham for the exchange LOL

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Ha! I used Carwow too. Also got my S63 Coupe from them after being told by Manager at local AMG dealership that "they don't give discounts". The 7 grand I save on that one paid for insurance and petrol for the year I had it (I am fickle and it just wasn't big enough in the end). Why don't I collect yours from Grimsby, you mine from Cardiff and we'll meet up in Birmingham for the exchange LOL

They’re really good. I know a lot of dealerships hate them, but it’s up to them whether they are on it or not, so they can’t really hate them that much.

It’s a tempting offer. However, the magno selenite grey on yours may be too tempting, and I’d end up stealing it. I agonised over the colour, and ended up bottling the matte finish as I thought I’d be forever worried about birds using it for target practice.

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Ever heard of Invisifilm? I'm considering whole car coverage, but it's over 4k. Half a car at 2160 GBP is still a lot. It's good stuff though, had it on the S class.

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Ever heard of Invisifilm? I'm considering whole car coverage, but it's over 4k. Half a car at 2160 GBP is still a lot. It's good stuff though, had it on the S class.
Nope, never heard of it!

I think I’ll be fine with metallic. When I ordered it we were still living in London, and it was going to be parked outside. Now we’ve moved to Oxfordshire it’s going to in a garage when not used, so magno probably would have been ok. Not to worry. I guess if I get bored I could always get it wrapped magno hell green... :confused:

OP
snipez999

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
IMO the basic kit - front end, bonnet, windscreen surround and wheel arches/side sills is plenty enough to combat stonechips. The invisifilm is one of those self healing jobbies and does actually work. Saved me from some serious damage on the Bentley once, after a rogue wing mirror fell off the car in front at motorway speeds and slapped the front corner spoiler. Was expecting all sorts of hideousness when I pulled over/got out, but it was unmarked save for a slight gouge which 'healed' when heat was applied by the dealer.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom