High Millage 2011 C350 Blue-CY Sport CDI A

clarkey2311

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI - 2011
Morning All,
I have purchased myself a rather nice looking high millage C350 V6 TDI and want your guys advise on what I should be looking at having done/checked over.
its just clocked over 166k but runs a dream without any adverse sounds or vibrations that have worried me.
Appreciate any help that you guys/girls can offer to point me in the right direction of the 'must do's' and donts in all fairness.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Hello and welcome. 166k isn’t high mileage, it’s barely run in! 350k might be approaching high mileage... I have one on 224k.

In general these cars all benefit greatly from prompt servicing. Ensure all fluids and filters are changed on the nose, with the correct spec stuff. Don’t skimp on servicing or you’ll end up getting bitten in the wallet! Aside from that, just enjoy it...

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Morning All,
I have purchased myself a rather nice looking high millage C350 CDi and want your guys advise on what I should be looking at having done/checked over.

Corrected that for you ;)

They are lovely cars, go over the suspension particularly the front lower arms and the rear sub frame mounts. also check for oil leaking out of the bottom of the engine undertray at the back, this is the intercooler seals.

Does it have COMAND? (Fold out screen in the dash)

OP
clarkey2311

clarkey2311

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI - 2011
Hello and welcome. 166k isn’t high mileage, it’s barely run in! 350k might be approaching high mileage... I have one on 224k.

In general these cars all benefit greatly from prompt servicing. Ensure all fluids and filters are changed on the nose, with the correct spec stuff. Don’t skimp on servicing or you’ll end up getting bitten in the wallet! Aside from that, just enjoy it...

Thanks for that Craig, I took a bit of a gamble on this one if im honest but two weeks in I love it... it has a handbook full to the brim of receipts a few at MB but then mostly private garages..... excuse my obvious lack of knowledge here but am I right in saying MB service info will be found online ?? anyway I would be able to find out the last time the gearbox/trans oil was changed if it wasn't done at MB ?? I want to get all the fluids changed within the next couple of weeks but don't want to change something if its only just been done.
again excuse my lack of MB knowledge but there wasn't a service book with it hence me thinking it would be online.

OP
clarkey2311

clarkey2311

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI - 2011
Corrected that for you ;)

They are lovely cars, go over the suspension particularly the front lower arms and the rear sub frame mounts. also check for oil leaking out of the bottom of the engine undertray at the back, this is the intercooler seals.

Does it have COMAND? (Fold out screen in the dash)

I will have a look at front arms and sub frame at the weekend, certainly no oil/fluids leaking anywhere and yes it does have COMAND........cheers for the correction :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OP
clarkey2311

clarkey2311

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI - 2011
It is all online, if it has been serviced by a good MB indy then they should have uploaded it all

P.S I have the 2018 Nav disks to update the COMAND :)

If you need oil then this is very cheap

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-L-Gen...039105?hash=item1c6d8cf701:g:4NsAAOSw0UdXvqIB
I shall have a look then and see what I can find online, interesting to know you have the new disks, im still trying to understand what all the buttons do if im being honest, there is a rather strange opening on the radio part of it under where you would put a cd....
it does have a lovely panoramic sunroof though which ive worked how to open ;)

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
These engines will run forever and a day if maintained correctly with regular fluid changes as others have mentioned. Your first job is to select a trusted Mercedes INDEPENDANT service partner ...they will be able to check through their system what service information has been uploaded.
ATF change if you are lucky the tube will have a red/black (IIRC) plastic tab showing it’s been done
Where you based?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I shall have a look then and see what I can find online, interesting to know you have the new disks, im still trying to understand what all the buttons do if im being honest

Fairly simple to operate once you get used to them, the rotary knob in the centre console is the easiest way

there is a rather strange opening on the radio part of it under where you would put a cd..

It is a PCMCIA slot

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PCMCIA-Com...1471&sr=8-1&keywords=pcmcia+card+for+mercedes

You will have a port in the glovebox where with the correct lead you can plug an iPod in as well

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Outside on Sat, inside on Sun? :)

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Easiest way, can keep an eye on it then

Mines desperate for a clean now. 1000miles of snow and salty roads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
ATF and filter every 40k miles . You have a 7g gearbox , so no dipstick tube to check it . New gearbox £4000 so £250 for ATF and filter is cheap protection .
Rear diff oil is a cheap and easy DIY at £30 .

OP
clarkey2311

clarkey2311

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI - 2011
These engines will run forever and a day if maintained correctly with regular fluid changes as others have mentioned. Your first job is to select a trusted Mercedes INDEPENDANT service partner ...they will be able to check through their system what service information has been uploaded.
ATF change if you are lucky the tube will have a red/black (IIRC) plastic tab showing it’s been done
Where you based?
Doncaster

OP
clarkey2311

clarkey2311

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI - 2011

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have a connection in the centre arm rest, what is the PCMCIA adaptor for ..... again excuse my lack of knowledge here but trust me im a quick learner

PCMCIA lets you put a Compact Flash card in the stereo to play music from, if you look on the amazon listing the second pic down shows it in the stereo.

There should be a plug on the right hand side inside the glovebox, this takes the media leads like this to allow iPod or USB stick

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...021399?hash=item2118faf7d7:g:WegAAOSwzaJX-Oxx

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom