Inchcape MB youtube

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
I went into the Dealership at Blackpool for a wheel bearing or something some years ago while we were visiting family nearby. The very decorative young lady at Reception assumed I was some Scottish Scum off a busload from Glasgow and advised me in the most condescending manner in the thickest Lancashire accent I'd ever heard that I wasn't allowed to sit in the cars while I was waiting for them to find the shelf with the wheel bearing on it. I had to ask three times, while retaining my position behind the wheel of a convertible, what she was saying. They couldn't find what I was looking for and asked me to come back the next day when another one was due to be delivered.

I met said young lady again that evening, sprawled over the boot of my car with a fag in one hand, a shoe in the other, feet on the rear seats (I'd left the roof down) and absolutely ****ed, having a row with her friends. Despite being told nicely that she wasn't allowed to sit on the car, she decided not to move so my son and I lifted her bodily into a hedge to various cheers and encouragement.

Next day, there she was looking like she had had a rough night. She didn't say a word when I went and sat in the shiny convertible.

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I know. Some things in my life I regret. There are also some i don't!

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
On a vaguely similar note about not ending up in prison, I was at the Mayor's Ball in a very large and un-named English City about five years ago, all dressed up in the Full Highland and standing at the bar when I felt something creeping up the back of my thigh. Turns out to be some Councillor's wife checking to see if I was going Commando. Having a drink in each hand, I turned suddenly to find out WTF was going on. By this time I had tensed up and wedged her hand firmly between my upper thighs, so she was stuck, bending over behind me with her hand clearly up my kilt in full view of everyone in the bar. Trying to keep it deadpan, I put the drinks down, reached around and removed her hand and asked her politely if she would turn around and let me put my hand up her dress and return the favour. At this point the Councillor / husband tried to punch me, called me a pervert and shouted for someone to get the Police. Unfortunately for him, the nice Assistant Chief Constable, to whom I had been chatting, interjected and informed both parties that if the Police arrived, that there would be a charge of Sexual Assault for the wife and just plain Section 38 Assault for the Councillor and that he would appear in court as a witness for the prosecution.

It's funny how some standards are applied. Equal rights and all that!

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
John is certainly impressed so I am sure others will be, she was General Manager wonder what her current role is..

She's GM at MB Warrington.

I think it's one of those jobs that's not what it was though. Gone are the days of Dealer Principals.

I've lost touch with the Mercedes Inchcape "cluster" that was North Wales, Chester, Liverpool and Warrington, but I know there was some move to senior people covering multiple sites and Chester (my local one) didn't have a GM or Service Manager (sorry, After Sales Director) although maybe that's changed now they're at Cheshire Oaks.

Last edited:

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97' C250TD Sport
Beautiful blonde receptionist at Loughton MB my usual branch, actually really chatty too!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
She's GM at MB Warrington.

I think it's one of those jobs that's not what it was though. Gone are the days of Dealer Principals.

I've lost touch with the Mercedes Inchcape "cluster" that was North Wales, Chester, Liverpool and Warrington, but I know there was some move to senior people covering multiple sites and Chester (my local one) didn't have a GM or Service Manager (sorry, After Sales Director) although maybe that's changed now they're at Cheshire Oaks.
Yeah changed a bit since the new premises as Cheshire Oaks is allegedly the biggest dealership of any MB in Europe!

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
I went into the Dealership at Blackpool for a wheel bearing or something some years ago while we were visiting family nearby. The very decorative young lady at Reception assumed I was some Scottish Scum off a busload from Glasgow and advised me in the most condescending manner in the thickest Lancashire accent I'd ever heard that I wasn't allowed to sit in the cars while I was waiting for them to find the shelf with the wheel bearing on it. I had to ask three times, while retaining my position behind the wheel of a convertible, what she was saying. They couldn't find what I was looking for and asked me to come back the next day when another one was due to be delivered.

I met said young lady again that evening, sprawled over the boot of my car with a fag in one hand, a shoe in the other, feet on the rear seats (I'd left the roof down) and absolutely ****ed, having a row with her friends. Despite being told nicely that she wasn't allowed to sit on the car, she decided not to move so my son and I lifted her bodily into a hedge to various cheers and encouragement.

Next day, there she was looking like she had had a rough night. She didn't say a word when I went and sat in the shiny convertible.
Ah yes MB Blackpool . Parts department extraordinarily helpful and efficient. As for the rest well I think you would find not much has changed. A few days before I bought the CL I called in there enquiring about the approximate costs of the various services. Gave them all the details of my proposed purchase but I did not know registration number. Was advised by the "service advisor" that they could not do that since they needed the reg number to confirm the "make and model number" of the car. With a bemused expression I made my excuses and left. Apparently within 30 minutes of me leaving they had contacted the seller and asked him if he wanted to test drive a new S class since he was selling his current car. Inchcape on the other hand could not have been more helpful so they got the work.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yeah changed a bit since the new premises as Cheshire Oaks is allegedly the biggest dealership of any MB in Europe!
Apparently though MB Manchester are moving to a new £60m site in Stockport. Quite what the £60m represents I don't know but it will apparently be the biggest in Europe:rolleyes:. Must be flogging a lot of stuff these dealers in the North West.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Apparently though MB Manchester are moving to a new £60m site in Stockport. Quite what the £60m represents I don't know but it will apparently be the biggest in Europe:rolleyes:. Must be flogging a lot of stuff these dealers in the North West.
Wow! That’ll take the wind out of Inchcape’s sails....theirs was ‘only’ £15 Million;)

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
Brilliant, I'm not far from Hatters' town and had previously taken my S63 coupe to the branch at the Etihad as the regular dealership in Stockport had little experience with AMGs (possibly because they gave precisely zero discount on new ones??)
Wonder if they'll have one of those full-on driving simulators in the waiting area, like the one at Bentley Manchester?

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Is it a busy place? I was always amazed by how quiet MB Chester was.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Quite busy Rory- loads of sales prowlers!
Been quite impressed with the service side so far

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wonder if they'll have one of those full-on driving simulators in the waiting area, like the one at Bentley Manchester?
Blimey there's posh - I doubt whether they'd let me through the doors at Bentley.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Don't think MB Chester had the best reputation. The Cheshire Oaks site is somewhat impressive- definitely worth a gander. That's where I'll be taking the Cl in the future.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Chester was woeful
Cheshire Oaks is their flagship so they have to get it right really!

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Chester was woeful
Cheshire Oaks is their flagship so they have to get it right really!

Isn't it MB Chester relocated to new premises. What's changed so much?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Isn't it MB Chester relocated to new premises. What's changed so much?
Cheshire Oaks seems to be more of a corporate entity whereas Chester was very....rural somehow
And bad rural!
They now have state of the art facilities-
In-house smart repair
In house diamond cut large
Brilliant wash facility
Service area is sublime...

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cheshire Oaks seems to be more of a corporate entity whereas Chester was very....rural somehow
And bad rural!
They now have state of the art facilities-
In-house smart repair
In house diamond cut large
Brilliant wash facility
Service area is sublime...

They still have the same After Sales Director who refused to speak to me, even after I resorted to going through MB UK customer services, after my car's last visit.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
They still have the same After Sales Director who refused to speak to me, even after I resorted to going through MB UK customer services, after my car's last visit.
Is that the one who dresses up in tweed suits, false tan greyish hair?

Top Bottom