C Class Coupe

Charlie Windwood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Coupe
Hi all,

Fairly new on here still so thought id share a post of my current Mercedes C220 CDI AMG Coupe finished in Black, and what i have done so far...Enjoy!

So picked the car up back in December, only one previous owner, full service history and 45k miles, completely standard apart from a wrapped grill and tinted rear lights.

IMG_1114.JPG
The day i picked her up..

IMG_0894.JPG

After around a week my logbook finally turned up, as did my new private plates that i was eager to get on - Credit to Demon Plates for the super fast delivery!

Started to get bored of the chrome on the car, and being black i decided to go for a murdered out look which was quite popular especially in the U.S, so i set about respraying my rear griffin, debadged the rear boot, painted the exhaust tips, rear lights and managed to spray the front grill too.

IMG_1189[1].JPG

IMG_1190[1].JPG

IMG_1208[1].JPG

IMG_1210[1].JPG

IMG_1176[1].JPG

IMG_1231[1].JPG

In my person opinion i think all black is the way to go on a black car, but of course is all personal preference, i am now waiting for my wheels to be refurb'd next Wednesday at a local company in Essex, you can pretty much guess the color lol ;)

Eventually i started to get abit bored of the stock power, and set about researching ways for more...Being a 220 CDI i was limited with what i could find on the net.
A local exhaust company called Longlife was recommended by a close friend, who was able to price up a full turbo back 3" system, with DPF delete and no silencers.

Me being me forgot to take some photos under the car :( But overall am really happy with the work carried out, and can sure enough be heard now haha.
This of course then lead to a remap, which after speaking with JF Automotive was able to assist with a stage 1 remap and gearbox map too (Being an Automatic), ditching all the torque restrictions and i feel improving overall drivability.
We hooked her up on the rollers, where she ran 238.6bhp and 440nm of torque - Dyno graph is to follow once im home from work tonight!

Future mods to follow are 20mm rear spacers, carbon fibre lip, coilovers, and ducktail spoiler :)

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-22_8-14-9.png
    upload_2018-2-22_8-14-9.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 7
  • upload_2018-2-22_11-55-12.png
    upload_2018-2-22_11-55-12.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I’m waiting for Jon Bell to get all excited in a difficult- to- walk kinda way...

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
A local exhaust company called Longlife was recommended by a close friend, who was able to price up a full turbo back 3" system, with DPF delete and no silencers.
You obviously don't give a s**t about the state of the planet or the people on it. Plus the fact that that is illegal to to remove a DPF and will not pass an MOT without one.

I think you may have touched on a sensitive nerve there with other members too. Maybe you should have kept that bit quiet particularly at this time as there is a strong lobby against diesel engines at the moment !! :(

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Good point AJD, although I must admit that I sometimes sit with my engine idling if I do a short journey and the engine hasn't yet come up to temperature. I do feel just a little bit guilty though :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Sorry drug dealer look is not for me, probably being ancient....:confused:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom