Which part do I need

Uddins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220/06/avantgarde
Need to buy a high pressure fuel pump. Had a look on ebay and other sites but don't know which one is suitable.

2006 mercedes c220 avantgarde

Is anyone know of any sources and right part that will fit. Thanks

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I believe repair kits are usually available for these.

The pump part number should be cast into the existing unit. An eBay search can often find the replacement / repair kit.

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Patterson Diesel in Cowdenbeath refurbish these pumps. You give them the old one and about £200 and they'll give you it back, all fully reconditioned a couple of days later. They did one for me a few years back. Excellent service!

OP
Uddins

Uddins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220/06/avantgarde
Patterson Diesel in Cowdenbeath refurbish these pumps. You give them the old one and about £200 and they'll give you it back, all fully reconditioned a couple of days later. They did one for me a few years back. Excellent service!

Thanks a lot. Can they fit the part too!

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Only if you take the car to them. They're in Cowdenbeath.... in Fife.... I drive past them five days a week. You can arrange to post the pump to them and they'll send it back. You do know that this is one of the simplest jobs on the car?
  1. Remove the temperature sensor connector, if there is one.
  2. Remove the two plastic fuel pipes. Pop the fuel pipes out. Mark which one goes into each hole. (Front and Back) It won't start if you get these wrong.
  3. Remove the steel pipe going from the pump to the fuel rail. Loosen both ends so you can move it out of the way.
  4. Remove 3 TORX bolts holding the pump to the cylinder head. It should fall into your hand at this point.
  5. The pump should have a recessed rubber gasket. Keep it. Clean and reuse it.
  6. Reassemble in reverse order.
  7. Clean both mating faces on both ends of the rail supply pipe with diesel on a paper towel to make sure you get a good seal. (There's 350bar in that pipe. one piece of muck and it will leak.)
  8. Don't screw the steel nuts on the fuel rail supply pipe too tight or you'll strip the threads. Just finger tight and a quarter to half a turn should be enough the seal them.
  9. Prepare to crank it up to ten times to get it to start with a minute between each to prevent burning your starter motor out. The pump should self bleed. Have another car on hand, running, with jump leads connected before you start.
All O rings should be replaced at the same time to prevent air getting in once it's all bled properly.

Last edited:
OP
Uddins

Uddins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220/06/avantgarde
Wow, that's really informative. I did call them this evening and said £450 plus my old one and for fittings £50.00 ph max 2 hours depending if the car needs something else done.

Not sure why mines is so expensive considering handing them my old pump. Or is it that 2006 onwards models have something different attached to the pump that needs replacing too.

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom