R231 ATF

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
My R230 SL did not have an ATF change in its service schedule although many people took the view it should be changed at about 50 k miles

At my MB dealer yesterday I was quoted for a further service plan beyond the 2 year plan I had to take it to 5 years. It transpires that my R231 does have a service schedule that includes ATF change... at £750!!. Are they taking the proverbial? It seems very steep to me. I am a fan of sticking to full mbsh as I value mobilo, particularly for my annual euro trip. However at this price, not to mention the other service costs, I am heading for my indie!

Is £750 correct?? Is the oil liquid gold?

Now that MB don't provide service books it's very hard to find out exactly what service items are required until your dealer stuffs you

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
My R230 SL did not have an ATF change in its service schedule although many people took the view it should be changed at about 50 k miles

At my MB dealer yesterday I was quoted for a further service plan beyond the 2 year plan I had to take it to 5 years. It transpires that my R231 does have a service schedule that includes ATF change... at £750!!. Are they taking the proverbial? It seems very steep to me. I am a fan of sticking to full mbsh as I value mobilo, particularly for my annual euro trip. However at this price, not to mention the other service costs, I am heading for my indie!

It can't be £750 . Give Steve at Avantagrde (Indy) a ring he is your neck of the woods .

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
If it has the new 9G box then its a bit of a fiddle and the filter comes with the sump I believe. The oil is the blue ATF FE though which goes in the 7G+.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5

Now that MB don't provide service books it's very hard to find out exactly what service items are required until your dealer stuffs you

Think a full transmission change and clean out incl. the vital TC flush is more like £280 at a good Indy

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom