New to MB

LGreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC 200 AMG Line 2018
Hi Everyone,

I collected my very first Mercedes yesterday and I'm so in love and doubt i'll go back to Audi after this, its a 2018 SLC 200 AMG Line. I was wondering if anyone can tell me where i can locate the wind deflector, apparently from the brochure and the online Configurator tool this should be a standard part but i don't seem to have one. Maybe i'm just not seeing it but there really aren't many places it could be stored ?

Grateful for any advice

Leanne

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hi and welcome!

It would normally fit into the boot but do you have airguide? They are little deflectors that rotate out from the head rest.
In the owners manual under Opening and Closing > Roof.

If you don't have airguide the deflector will live in the boot but may be tucked away under the boot floor (there is an insert that lifts out). Its in the manual under Stowage > Stowage areas > Reversible floor panel.

OP
LGreen

LGreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC 200 AMG Line 2018
Hi LostKiwi and John, thanks for having me. I found it !! Was strapped to the underside of the part of the boot that lifts out. I had lifted it out but didn’t check underneath lol. Not that I’ll get a chance to use it for a while but good to know it’s there for the at or two of summer we will get :) Thank you !

Was just trying to hook up to the Mercedes me thing, is it worth sorting that out ? Is the tracking feature a subscription do you know ?

Leanne

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
As Bembo said.
I was out just after the snow in one the SLs with the roof down. Toasty warm.
It's very special on a clear dark night when the stars are out and you're driving out in the country.

OP
LGreen

LGreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC 200 AMG Line 2018
I'll look forward trying that, that never crossed my mind ! It's just too windy tonight ! I got the air scarf and heated seats so that I would be toasty but at the moment I'm actually embarrassed to get the roof down, feel like people will be like - check the poser with the new car driving about in the cold with the roof down.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'll look forward trying that, that never crossed my mind ! It's just too windy tonight ! I got the air scarf and heated seats so that I would be toasty but at the moment I'm actually embarrassed to get the roof down, feel like people will be like - check the poser with the new car driving about in the cold with the roof down.
You get used to it.
Ours is a rumbly V8 so it asks them to turn round before you even get in their eyeline.
And anyone saying look at that poser is just jealous because they wish they could do it as well.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
ive never owned a drop top merc but many other makes , non of which had anywhere like the extra cosiness that your new machine has but if the sun was shining bright , I'd drop the roof and enjoy it !

OP
LGreen

LGreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC 200 AMG Line 2018
You get used to it.
Ours is a rumbly V8 so it asks them to turn round before you even get in their eyeline.
And anyone saying look at that poser is just jealous because they wish they could do it as well.
Love it ! I'm used to getting the looks as my last car was a Lambo Orange kitted out noisy TT, you could't miss it ! Never had a convertible. I'm sure in a couple of days when the wind dies down I'll have it down constantly sun or not. I'm just fuming it's dirty already haha

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was self conscious when I got my first one... Especially if I had the stereo cranked up. Doesn't bother me now.
My stepson just bought a BMW 640d convertible. He was driving down the road and some bloke walking down the road yelled Tosser at him. He stopped and said to the guy I'm driving down the road in a nice car and I'm nice and warm. You're walking down the road. Who got the nice car then and who's the tosser that has to walk because they can't afford one?
Thing is stepson is a bit of a tosser but at 6ft10 not many people argue with him!

OP
LGreen

LGreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC 200 AMG Line 2018
I was self conscious when I got my first one... Especially if I had the stereo cranked up. Doesn't bother me now.
My stepson just bought a BMW 640d convertible. He was driving down the road and some bloke walking down the road yelled Tosser at him. He stopped and said to the guy I'm driving down the road in a nice car and I'm nice and warm. You're walking down the road. Who got the nice car then and who's the tosser that has to walk because they can't afford one?
Thing is stepson is a bit of a tosser but at 6ft10 not many people argue with him!
Good for the stepson ! Yeah that's definitely a sign of jealousy ! Thats a very big convertible ! suppose he needs it being that size haha, I think I would have just driven on - quickly ! Us small females don't shout back to cheeky people in Glasgow haha

OP
LGreen

LGreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC 200 AMG Line 2018
My wife andI are both 77 years old. Drive a new SLC 250d with the hood down at every opportunity.

Bugger what others think just enjoy.
Brian ! you made my day ! That's awesome, lovely to see older people having fun and loving life, I'll have to tell my grumpy Yaris driving 72 year old father in law about you. I test drove your model and loved it but thought with all of the news surrounding diesels I should go petrol. I've never had an auto before and am liking it very much as well.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Brian ! you made my day ! That's awesome, lovely to see older people having fun and loving life, I'll have to tell my grumpy Yaris driving 72 year old father in law about you. I test drove your model and loved it but thought with all of the news surrounding diesels I should go petrol. I've never had an auto before and am liking it very much as well.
We had a member on here called Malcolm until last year. He was 82 and lived on his own. His everyday car was a 2008 CL500 (5.5 litres of V8 goodness). His other car was (now) our SL500. He'd regularly put the top down and could be a bit quick on occasion. Sadly Malcolm died in August.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
......and I had his other 2008 SL for a year , loved it when it worked and like Malcolm LK and others had the roof down at every opportunity - cold days windows up, wind deflector up, Air scarf and heated seats on, listening to the V8 roar with the roof down - magic!
Mercedes me is worth the hassle on newer cars , not sure on the tracker but as it automatically does it anyway! Well at least tells you where the car is....

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We put a 'Tile' in the car (it's a Bluetooth based key tag to help you find your keys). Very quick and dirty 'tracker'.

OP
LGreen

LGreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC 200 AMG Line 2018
We had a member on here called Malcolm until last year. He was 82 and lived on his own. His everyday car was a 2008 CL500 (5.5 litres of V8 goodness). His other car was (now) our SL500. He'd regularly put the top down and could be a bit quick on occasion. Sadly Malcolm died in August.
What a lovely story, sounds like a fun guy ! sorry to hear he's left us but nice to know that he lived and enjoyed his time to the max in a beautiful car/s ! As I mentioned before I'm brand new to Mercedes, I wanted a hard top 2 seater roadster and at this point there is not much choice out there, I considered going down the Lotus route but way too much hassle and not enough toys ! Is the SL500 like the older version of the SLC 43 or is it a bigger model completely ? Google is giving me completely different cars

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
The SL is the larger roadster Leanne, the SLC (like yours and the SLC43) being the descendant of the SLK but beefed up in size and attitude.....
So are you based somewhere like Blackwood or...?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The SL is the full sized car and the SLC (or SLK) is the compact version. The trailing K being Kompact in German. Same with CL and CLK, the CLK being the smaller version of a CL and same again with the GL/GLK.
In the good old days the numbers referred to engine size so an SL500 is a 5 litre SL, an SL350 is a 3500cc SL and so on. So your SLC200 is a 2 litre (in theory). Lately MB have changed the numbers to be an equivalent rating so although a C250 is only a 2 litre it has equivalent performance to a 2500cc engine.
AMG are the high performance versions and always use only 2 numbers so SL55 is a 5500cc and so on.

Simple really (not!)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom