Where are the drain points under windscreen at the wipers on a 2011 E Cabriolet?

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
TBH the only ones I’m looking for are the ones just under the windshield next to the wipers. I can see the one on the passenger side but for the life of me can’t see anything on drivers side ...

Noticed the other day the drivers side corner of it seemed to have an inch of water in it but the left was obviously clear...

Is it just 1 drain on that or more than 1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Gkinghorn

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nobody know?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Nobody know?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I am sure there will be a few more. If it had one drain on one side and you parked on an incline the lower side would be sloshing over,
Sorry no idea on your car, but on mine, there are 4 tubes and I am trying to work out if there are 5 entry points.?
87B73435-89F0-45FD-97E0-8DA13D71B598.jpeg
There are at least 4 here, and I suspect a few more in the bulkhead between the cabin and the engine bay area.

OP
Gkinghorn

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am sure there will be a few more. If it had one drain on one side and you parked on an incline the lower side would be sloshing over,
Sorry no idea on your car, but on mine, there are 4 tubes and I am trying to work out if there are 5 entry points.?
View attachment 42366
There are at least 4 here, and I suspect a few more in the bulkhead between the cabin and the engine bay area.

I found one on the driver side ..suspect it’s blocked slightly due to time it takes to drain .... though no idea how to get into the beggar ..

Nobody got a diagram of it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I think yours will be the same as mine, I just aimed a jet wash at it from about 12" and it cleared easily, it was crud over the grille on the top.

There are 3 drains in total, one each side and one in the middle

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom