DIAGNOSTIC TOOL

Willam Hoggard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Auto Sport/ 2015/ 2.2
Have just purchased the icarsoft professional multi system car diagnostic tool MB V2.0

Can any body help Im trying to retrieve the info on the DPF filter when I go into the DPF section It gives a list of models to choose from, the model I have is a 2015 C220 bluetech Diesel W205 which is not listed, the models that are listed are older models.
I thought that buying the 4 generation tool that it would do newer models like it says on the box, also would like to print the info but cannot find instructions on how to do that.

Any help would be appreciated im new to the forum so apologies if I come across a bit dim, which I probably am when it comes to Tech.

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
You might need to go online and update the scanner if it's been on the shelf for a while. That will bring in the newer / newest models. You get lifetime free updates.

OP
W

Willam Hoggard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Auto Sport/ 2015/ 2.2
You might need to go online and update the scanner if it's been on the shelf for a while. That will bring in the newer / newest models. You get lifetime free updates.

well its supposed to be the 4th generation scanner 2018 that icarsoft do so I was not expecting to have to update it so soon but will check it out, thanks anyway its looking like it does not do what it says on the tin

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
well its supposed to be the 4th generation scanner 2018 that icarsoft do so I was not expecting to have to update it so soon but will check it out, thanks anyway its looking like it does not do what it says on the tin
4th Generation refers to the scanner hardware. There are continuous software updates to add new features/bug fixes/models.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I posted a bit on this before.... they don't usually have the current model vehicle's software.

EU law mandated that manu diagnostic capability must be available to third parties... I'm not sure when they have to spill the info, but if a main dealer has to do it for free in warranty.... why would little companies be trying to work out how to communicate with such new stuff....its not necessarily straight forward

the complete diagnostic software for a Japanese car is all done in 30 meg on a Merc its more like 3 gig of secret garbage.... they don't make it easy

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom