ML w166 - Passenger airbag

JabrielRaja

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350 w166 2012
Just wondering if it's possible to turn the passenger airbag off myself or does a garage need to do this?

My son wants to sit in the front now but he's still small enough to require a booster.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Cant see that anyone would turn an airbag off even if it was possible. You could always pay through your nose & buy Mercedes child seat that talks to your car.
Anyway, it's just rear facing seats & airbags that are a problem.

OP
J

JabrielRaja

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350 w166 2012
Cant see that anyone would turn an airbag off even if it was possible. You could always pay through your nose & buy Mercedes child seat that talks to your car.
Anyway, it's just rear facing seats & airbags that are a problem.

You can't have a child (in a car seat) with the passenger airbag enabled.

My son loves cars and wants to sit in the front and I've never allowed it but he's in love with the ML and wants to sit in the front now.

What's the Merc specific car seat called? I might find a used one somewhere? Or does anyone have one they want to sell?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
You can't have a child (in a car seat) with the passenger airbag enabled.
Incorrect .....

http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/choosing-using/faqs/

Q: There is a passenger airbag in front of my car: can I put a forward-facing child seat in the front passenger seat?

A: Yes, although it is safer for children to travel in the rear of the car.

If you must put a forward-facing seat in the front when there is an airbag present, make sure that the car seat is as far back as possible and the child seat is securely held to maximise the distance between the child and the airbag.

It is better not to place a forward-facing restraint in a seat with an airbag; try to avoid this if possible. If it is not possible, then check the advice of the vehicle manufacturer. Find out how far the airbag extends when deployed and ensure that your child is well outside the expansion area. Ensure that the passenger seat is as far back from the airbag as possible, that the child seat is very securely fitted and the child is securely held by the harness or seat belt.

What's the Merc specific car seat called? I might find a used one somewhere?
Pass ..... but I know the transponder seats are stupidly expensive.

OP
J

JabrielRaja

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350 w166 2012
Incorrect .....

http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/choosing-using/faqs/

Q: There is a passenger airbag in front of my car: can I put a forward-facing child seat in the front passenger seat?

A: Yes, although it is safer for children to travel in the rear of the car.

If you must put a forward-facing seat in the front when there is an airbag present, make sure that the car seat is as far back as possible and the child seat is securely held to maximise the distance between the child and the airbag.

It is better not to place a forward-facing restraint in a seat with an airbag; try to avoid this if possible. If it is not possible, then check the advice of the vehicle manufacturer. Find out how far the airbag extends when deployed and ensure that your child is well outside the expansion area. Ensure that the passenger seat is as far back from the airbag as possible, that the child seat is very securely fitted and the child is securely held by the harness or seat belt.

Pass ..... but I know the transponder seats are stupidly expensive.
Wow, never knew that! Thanks for sharing. I'm a little wiser now.

Top Bottom