Centre caps

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Andy, the genuine OE set is over £40 from MB - of course, these are copies! :)

There are some better quality, cheaper and new style (also aftermarket) caps - like this set:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272809949902

Alternatively, you can always buy a set of (also aftermarket) AMG Edition One caps (matte black) from me ;)

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Capra they wont be genuine but i have a set on my car that have been on 2 years with no problems , just male sure they will fit your wheels first .

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof

There are some better quality, cheaper and new style (also aftermarket) caps - like this set:

Alternatively, you can always buy a set of (also aftermarket) AMG Edition One caps (matte black) from me ;)
After the discussions about none AMG cars dressing up like AMG's I fear I may get ousted if I fit those :D. They do look nice, let me get back to you. Cheers

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Capra they wont be genuine but i have a set on my car that have been on 2 years with no problems , just male sure they will fit your wheels first .
Thanks, I had no idea! I'm not paying the MB price anyway. The black would look nice against my paintwork.

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Probably towards the end of the year/next year I will be getting my wheels refurbished, once these are fitted, can they be removed, or do the clips break? At that price I could just replace them!

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
After the discussions about none AMG cars dressing up like AMG's I fear I may get ousted if I fit those :D. They do look nice, let me get back to you. Cheers
True, sticking AMG badges to non-AMG cars is a bit silly, but EditionOne caps are fitted by Mercedes to various models, not just AMG ones, and they do not feature AMG logo - so just a nicer (in my opinion) looking caps, here's my red one:

26491687777_cd05eb2608_o.jpg

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
True, sticking AMG badges to non-AMG cars is a bit silly, but EditionOne caps are fitted by Mercedes to various models, not just AMG ones, and they do not feature AMG logo - so just a nicer (in my opinion) looking caps, here's my red one:

26491687777_cd05eb2608_o.jpg
I've ordered :D

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Probably towards the end of the year/next year I will be getting my wheels refurbished, once these are fitted, can they be removed, or do the clips break? At that price I could just replace them!

They can be [carefully] removed, once the wheels are off.

The older type, and the new Edition One caps, had/have four lugs and a spring ring, and were/are less demanding to remove and refit; the new 'flush' type as linked above, have three lugs and no spring, so rely entirely on the flexibility of the lugs. If it's cold (so ABS plastic is brittle), or the cap is not aligned squarely and pushed in with equal pressure, it would often end up with one of the lugs snapped ...

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Cheepo ebay wheel centre caps don't last 5 minutes, waste of money. You might as well get the OEM set, They will be cheaper in the long run :)

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cheepo ebay wheel centre caps don't last 5 minutes, waste of money. You might as well get the OEM set, They will be cheaper in the long run :)
For the price I'm happy to give them a go, the original ones I have look nasty.

IMG_20180611_095159.jpg

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Even the OEM ones don’t last!
Annoyingly on the AMG ones I bought last July , one has delaminated (after my session on the Dyno at MSL), NS rear- all the others are fine!
Sadly the supplier- Mercedescentrecaps.co.uk seem to have disappeared when I try to google them- maybe they’ve gone completely ebay I’ll have to check.
On these you either have to take the wheel off and push out from behind or ram a screwdriver through them and pull off if you’re scrapping them. Another method i’ve Been told but havent tried myself yet is to use a piece of very stick duck tape in a loop and use that to pull them off.
As GLK mentions I think that might work in the warm weather when the lugs are soft. Wouldn’t try it in the winter though!

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Annoyingly on the AMG ones I bought last July , one has delaminated (after my session on the Dyno at MSL), NS rear- all the others are fine!
Sadly the supplier- Mercedescentrecaps.co.uk seem to have disappeared when I try to google them- maybe they’ve gone completely ebay I’ll have to check.
On these you either have to take the wheel off and push out from behind or ram a screwdriver through them and pull off if you’re scrapping them. Another method i’ve Been told but havent tried myself yet is to use a piece of very stick duck tape in a loop and use that to pull them off.
As GLK mentions I think that might work in the warm weather when the lugs are soft. Wouldn’t try it in the winter though!
Mine are only 5 years old and they are terrible, I think the car was parked in a lake for years. I'm happy to replace the caps once a year if needed.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Thats a shame John, you persuaded me to get them from Mercedescentrecaps.co.uk now you tell me they are rubbish :rolleyes:;). LOL. Oh well I didn't put them on till the weather started to improve so maybe they will last out the year :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I have the Edition one in black on my car, for the price of replica ones they are good and if I paid £45 for a set and they fell apart I would not be happy

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This style seemed to be more resilient although they did start to fall apart after a while. They didn't however start to degrade like the ones that Capra has on his C350 :)

images

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thats a shame John, you persuaded me to get them from Mercedescentrecaps.co.uk now you tell me they are rubbish :rolleyes:;). LOL. Oh well I didn't put them on till the weather started to improve so maybe they will last out the year :)
No not rubbish at all Andy :p. I suspect something nasty and hot happened on the dyno... I’m more bothered I can’t get more from them, because I would in a flash- in fact I was going to buy a new set, therefore having 3 x spares for the future of course:rolleyes:

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The OEM Edition One from Mercedes are £80! :shock:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Just found what looks like very similar AMG ones to my originals on Amazon £22.99 for 4 so ordered - 1 to use and 3 x spares...;) happy days, I will let you know the quality upon receipt. Will also use the Duck tape method and see how it goes as I’ve recently already done my wheels off clean and I can’t be bothered jacking the car up again!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom