Pairing an iphone with the car!

robert_winter_1000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB E350 CDI (W212)
Hello all,

Few days ago I changed my ancient Nokia mobile phone with an iphone S6 . Any one can tell me how to pair this telephone with my car then I can phone hands free?

Thanks & regards

Robert

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
what system does it have to get Bluetooth telephone?

as an older Merc, if it had BT working before but not now, it could be an obsolete BT adaptor in centre console or an aftermarket hidden extra

Merc do two types

SAP won't work with an Apple device (its an almost forgotten std that out of the box no modern phone supports)
HFP (old model) some features work, many others don't they still look the same but inside later ones are updated (there is no firmware update for the old ones)

If its never had a phone to your knowledge, look in the centre console to see if you can find a UHI socket.... which is the thing the devices above mount to. If it doesn't have that then there are other ways

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
It’s usually easy to follow the BT telephony pairing menu if indeed your car has it. If it has and it’s not seeing your iPhone you may find there are already too many phones stored in pairing mode in there and you’ll have to delete those first

OP
R

robert_winter_1000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB E350 CDI (W212)
Hello John and Botus,

Today I tried to pair the iphone with the car. It reaches a point that I could see the name of my telephone on the screen of the car then it asks a code number. I entered 62872, 0000 and the code of the telephone but none of the 3 works. Do you know the correct code for this type of Mercedes MB E320 CDI (W211) 2005?

Thanks & regards,

Robert

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Not 100% on your Comand , on mine when pairing the phone will ask if the Comand screen displayed pairing code is correct
Yours seems to be different , hopefully someone else will know
On my SL I had some issues to begin, kept asking for the pairing code with no success until I deleted about 6 previous phone pairings!
You could always try the usual suspect failing that 12345

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Yep as JL says above I would guess 1234 or 0000 . Is it not anywhere in the cars manuals ?

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I think the monster code u r using could well indicate you have an SAP device....
as I said these ARE NOT compatible with APPLE, WINDOWS or out of the box with ANDRIOD phones

show us a picture of the device in the centre console ?

if it looks like this... later versions will work fully, early ones may not and or with partial features avaiable
B67876168.jpg

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I think the monster code u r using could well indicate you have an SAP device....
as I said these ARE NOT compatible with APPLE, WINDOWS or out of the box with ANDRIOD phones

show us a picture of the device in the centre console ?

if it looks like this... later versions will work fully, early one may not and or with partial features avaiable

B67876168.jpg

There must be a straightforward bluetooth interface you can get (?) to make it work.

A few years back I had a Parrot kit fitted into the steering wheel setup on my S203 and it worked fine for Nokia and Samsung. But I recently inherited an Apple iPhone 5 and it paired up in 20 seconds- works very well and I can call out 'Hey Siri, call XXX' and it just reads the contacts file and makes the call!

- Best of luck - someone's bound to have the answer for you!

Last edited:

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
I think , I’m no expert , that You need to plug an adaptor into that for it to work ...ie the thing above or Viseeo adaptor ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
You need to remove that cradle and reveal the UHI connector - after which as GKinghorn mentions above you’ll need a Viseoo or MB Bluetooth device as pictured by Botus
Comandonline will be able to sell you something if you can’t get it in Holland

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
try a secondhand viseeo MB-3 MB-4 or MB-4+ all compatible…. once plugged in you can see if the firmware is out of date, if it is the phonebook may be a bit odd and siri won't work.... so buy one with the cable set so you can update it at home

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Viseeo-MB4-...469793?hash=item3d6cafdd21:g:LBcAAOSw4v1bSv7B

MB-3 FIRMWARE RELEASE NOTES

21 June 2011 MB-3 CPU Software V.27 released
Fixes not sending phonebook to COMAND system when receiving more than 2000 entries from a single handset

21 July 2011 MB-3 CPU software V.31 released
Corrects the Windows Phone 7's compatibility issues

6 January 2012 MB-3 Software V.032 released
Correct iPhone's phonebook issue on MB-3!

7 March 2012 MB-3 Major Update V.43 released
After this update you will be able to enjoy three major extra features not found on previous MB-3:
1. SIRI Activation from Mercedes console keypads
2. Phonebook Type Selection function which allows you to choose which types of phonebook contacts to be uploaded into your Mercedes head unit.
3. Bluetooth PIN Selection which is designed for changing pairing code to 0000 in order to pair successfully with Android Phone (including Samsung Galaxy phones W, R, S2, etc) with OS Version 2.3.4 or over.
This Update also clears a few bugs and improves the overall usability. It is highly recommended that you update your MB-3 as soon as possible.

27 September 2013 MB-3 Software V.048 released
1. The paired devices are not cleared after mastered reset.
2. There is no response when pressing previous track from the wired remote control.

MB-4 FIRMWARE RELEASE NOTES

17 February 2012 MB-4 CPU Software V.4.2 release
Enjoy SIRI activation, Phonebook Type Selection for Sync, and Mercedes Keypad Control of MB-4's Functions...

6 March 2012 MB-4 CPU Update V.4.5 released
This version has improved SIRI usability and also corrected two minor issues. If you are a heavy user of SIRI we suggest you update to this version.

7 May 2012 MB-4 CPU Update V.4.8 released
This version of software adds Dutch and French menu on your MB-4. It also corrects phonebook auto sync issues occurred on D2B version of UHI (2004 Mercedes)

13 June 2012 MB-4 CPU Update V.4.9 released
This version of update improves the phonebook sync function that occasionally does not automatically start when switch between paired phones using the Quick Switch Button function.

?? 2013 MB-4 CPU Update V.5.1 Update released
1. Improve the SIRI activation function when using iPhone's SIRI to call out from the phonebook.
2. Improve the Caller-ID function

18 June 2013 MB-4 CPU Update V.5.2 Update released
1.Solve the issue that the paired devices are not cleared after mastered reset.
IMPORTANT!!! Please update the software and master rest the unit.

MB-4+ FIRMWARE RELEASE NOTES

4 August 2014 MB4+ CPU Software Update V.101.9

http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_Down.asp

Last edited:
OP
R

robert_winter_1000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB E350 CDI (W212)
Hello all,

Many thanks for your replies. My car is already old and I will keep it only for few months till find a newer one. I am thinking or to buy a simple, not expensive hands free unit only for phoning and receiving phone calls or buy a good device and take to the new car when this car will be sold.

Will be happy to know your opinions about it and where is the best place to buy such device(s).

Kind regards,

Robert

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I'd buy the one I listed... and sell yours on ebay (yours will still work on many old nokia's and if its BT via the SAP profile, on android there's apps that can make then work https://play.google.com/store/search?q=bluetooth SAP&c=apps&authuser

would only be 100 euros that way and you could either sell with the car and or ebay it again for the money u paid

Top Bottom