C32 tired suspension. What to replace with?

Dazzler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Estate 05
I've been reading online about what to do.....
Coilovers seem to be a hard ride from what people say.
Shocks and lower springs seem to bottom out the shocks.
C55 front set up sounds ok but Merc won't sell them to me without a reg and also say they can't be returned if any issues due to a non standard fit........ what to do?
Any experience gratefully received.
I'm after better handling but do not want to lose my fillings lol

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
If they do them I would go for Koni FSD shocks with H&R Springs

You could also put your number plate in ECP web site to see if they have options, they import H&R.

H&R do "comfort" coilovers as well as sports

Last edited:

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
KW V3's will transform the way it drives. I don't think C55 set up will feel worth the expense. I've owned a C55 estate, and it felt exactly the same as my C32 in the suspension area.
I swapped my SLK55 suspension for the KW kit and it was a revelation! It was firmer in the ride, and did become a little wearing over a 350 mile trip, but to be fair the seats were very thin in the base. The improvement in the handling made it sooo worth it though!

OP
D

Dazzler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Estate 05
KW V3's will transform the way it drives. I don't think C55 set up will feel worth the expense. I've owned a C55 estate, and it felt exactly the same as my C32 in the suspension area.
I swapped my SLK55 suspension for the KW kit and it was a revelation! It was firmer in the ride, and did become a little wearing over a 350 mile trip, but to be fair the seats were very thin in the base. The improvement in the handling made it sooo worth it though!

Many thanks for the heads up Uncle, will have a look these.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom