ifti

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class E220 2008
Hi

we have a w211 2008 e-class 45k miles.
its showing an undervoltage error when i did an odb2 scan
when i checked it for live data its showing 4.67v
Driver, Passenger and Rear Sam are all under 5V.
The Battery is only a year old and the car is only driven on weekends for about 10 miles.

Any idea what i could check for.

thanks in advance,

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
Welcome.
From your usage profile I'd say the car doesn't get enough use to keep the battery properly charged. Lots of us use a CTEK charger - they're very good and ideal for keeping the battery charged and in good condition.

OP
I

ifti

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class E220 2008
Welcome.
From your usage profile I'd say the car doesn't get enough use to keep the battery properly charged. Lots of us use a CTEK charger - they're very good and ideal for keeping the battery charged and in good condition.

battery was 11.8v when off and was charging ok, went to +14V when car was running,

i cant communicate via odb to clear any errors when trying.

i also have a windscreen washer error, DTC9020 lead has a short to ground or open circuit,
i feel this may be a old code when we replaced the windscreen washer motor but am not sure.

also can i remove the negative terminal and put the battery on charge, while secured in the car ?

thanks again for your replies

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
Can't comment about your other codes but the CTEK is marketed for safe connection without disconnecting a battery terminal. I've been doing this for years with my Mercs and have never had a problem. Your car is later than mine and so has more electronics, however I don't think you'd have a problem - see what others here say.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom