Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
The Karcher ones are very small with low capacity Andy. They will do the job if you’re not doing it very often. There are no serviceable bits either, so when the filter clogs inside (and it will), the lance is goosed.
I do have one as a back up in saying that and was using it whilst waiting mesh filters for my ‘main’ one.
Race Glaze on here do a fairly good one, which you can service (Carl pointed me in that direction).
Whichever you use then I’ve learned my lesson now to run fresh water through for a while after the snow foam to avoid the clogging. You want a neutral snow foam- I again got mine from Race Glaze.
I also buy all my Gyeon stuff nowadays from Polished Bliss and I will likely get foam from them too when mine runs out (quite soon I think)

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The Karcher ones are very small with low capacity Andy. They will do the job if you’re not doing it very often. There are no serviceable bits either, so when the filter clogs inside (and it will), the lance is goosed.
I do have one as a back up in saying that and was using it whilst waiting mesh filters for my ‘main’ one.
Race Glaze on here do a fairly good one, which you can service (Carl pointed me in that direction).
Whichever you use then I’ve learned my lesson now to run fresh water through for a while after the snow foam to avoid the clogging. You want a neutral snow foam- I again got mine from Race Glaze.
I also buy all my Gyeon stuff nowadays from Polished Bliss and I will likely get foam from them too when mine runs out (quite soon I think)
Thanks John, I will take your advice on this. Cheers

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Some of the products for Gyeon are so confusing, you go there looking for something like a sealant and there are so many types that do a slightly different job! :D. I suppose this site is aimed at pro detailers.

Reactions: Msb

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Thanks John, I will take your advice on this. Cheers
That 2nd link looks a good deal , I'd start with that one , and try other foams in the future , it all depends on how much you want to spend . I bourght a foam gun off eBay a couple of years ago for £25 .
If you refill the reservoir with water when you have foamed the car you can spray the nozzle through to keep the mesh filter clean , before packing it away .

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That 2nd link looks a good deal , I'd start with that one , and try other foams in the future , it all depends on how much you want to spend . I bourght a foam gun off eBay a couple of years ago for £25 .
If you refill the reservoir with water when you have foamed the car you can spray the nozzle through to keep the mesh filter clean , before packing it away .
Thanks Wighty, I don't want to throw money at products just for the sake of it. The only thing I want is some sealant, and I did find one called BLACKFIRE PAINT SEALANT, but not cheap. I did try and find Gyeon quartz coatings, but couldn't find it.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Thanks Wighty, I don't want to throw money at products just for the sake of it. The only thing I want is some sealant, and I did find one called BLACKFIRE PAINT SEALANT, but not cheap. I did try and find Gyeon quartz coatings, but couldn't find it.
The only dedicated sealant I've used is Chemical Guys Jet seal , can't comment much on any others

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The only dedicated sealant I've used is Chemical Guys Jet seal , can't comment much on any others
Thanks. There are so many out there to choose from.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Some of the products for Gyeon are so confusing, you go there looking for something like a sealant and there are so many types that do a slightly different job! :D. I suppose this site is aimed at pro detailers.

Nooooooo............... the product manufacturers want to confuse you ...detailing is what we used to call "washing my car". "Product confusion" is a marketing strategy. You can buy wax that costs $400 for a small tub. Only idiots pay for that.

All of the reputable manufacturers products are good -- like whiskey...choose your poison

I don't want to bore everybody with my views but, my SL looks great, my SLK before that looked great and all my cars before that looked great.

My wife has been (recently) taking her car to the local machine and is now grumbling that it looks cr@p. ..

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Nooooooo............... the product manufacturers want to confuse you ...detailing is what we used to call "washing my car". "Product confusion" is a marketing strategy. You can buy wax that costs $400 for a small tub. Only idiots pay for that.

All of the reputable manufacturers products are good -- like whisky..choose your poison

I don't want to bore everybody with my views but, my SL looks great, my SLK before that looked great and all my cars before that looked great.

My wife has been (recently) taking her car to the local machine and is now grumbling that it looks cr@p. ..
FTFY

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I was trying to find the fix but failed :D
I was using my iPhone and couldn’t be bothered to edit it except the spelling to be honest ! Changing fonts and boldness with a tiny screen and fat fingers was a step too far!

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I'm still confused, Whiskey is Irish. Whisky is Scottish and I dislike them both except in an Irish Coffee or DonPedro (whisky mixed with vanilla ice-cream).

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I'm still confused, Whiskey is Irish. Whisky is Scottish and I dislike them both except in an Irish Coffee or DonPedro (whisky mixed with vanilla ice-cream).
Us Scots believe it is WHISKY - only the Irish and Americans believe it is WHISKEY...
WHISKY being the original....(lights blue touch paper):rolleyes:

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
They believe so, but certainly didn’t invent WHISKY :)

Quite, they did not invent distillation (nor did the Scots) and there is a lot of discussion on where whiskey / whisky originated but the earliest mention of distilled alcohol in Ireland is 1405 and in Scotland circa 1498.o_O

Top Bottom