W204 - Service internal

erickh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class
It's a C250 Diesel 2013.
Does anyone have a link to the service interval booklet please?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

OP
E

erickh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class
After I entered the plate number I always get "Registration date must be in the past and before 01/01/1994!"

Basically I just want to find out for mileage, what is the service interval for my car? 12k or 15.5k?

Thanks

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
http://lite.servicemercedes.co.uk/ess/pc/

You're likely a w204 so you click on that, then your engine, 204003 probably, then enter mileage and registration date

Works for me:

Service Information

ESS CODE: A204008646811/V220NB179000
This code is only valid based on the mileage entered and current age of the vehicle.
Mileage: 79,000 miles
Oil Type: MB 229.3 (A 000 989 82 01 AAA9) - System derived
Oil Quantity: 6.5 litres
Service Sheet: Service B
Model: C-Class (204) Saloon - C 220 CDi (FIS)
Your nearest Mercedes-Benz Retailer

Additional Operations
For every service (Equipment specific)
Maintenance scopes for driving aids ex factory
Replace battery for KEYLESS-GO key
AdBlue tank: Fill up fluid level (After consultation with customer - With CODE U42 (BlueTEC (SCR) diesel exhaust treatment)
Service 3 - at every service
Engine: change oil and filter
Service 4 - Every 2 years
Replace brake fluid

OP
E

erickh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class
Ah it's because I thought it was registration plate rather than date. Lol

It only says what I need to do for certain parts. Don't say when I should go to get my service A or B done though?

Is it 12k miles or 15k miles for a diesel?

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
12 months or 15k miles, whichever comes first. Alternates between Service A and B, brake fluid every 2nd year, air and fuel filter every 4th year, ATF and filter at 37k miles (or ?4 years old, not sure on this one).

OP
E

erickh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class
12 months or 15k miles, whichever comes first. Alternates between Service A and B, brake fluid every 2nd year, air and fuel filter every 4th year, ATF and filter at 37k miles (or ?4 years old, not sure on this one).
Great. Thanks for sharing.

I presume when I checked the website it states 12k that's for petrol.

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
The car will tell you when it needs a service

If you want to know before it pops up on the dash, go into the menu system and click on assyst.
It should show which type of service is next and how many days until it's due.

OP
E

erickh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class
If you want to know before it pops up on the dash, go into the menu system and click on assyst.
It should show which type of service is next and how many days until it's due.
Great thanks. I will have a check

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Does the brains of the car use some sort of algorithm to calculate time of service from usage and time?

OP
E

erickh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class
Does the brains of the car use some sort of algorithm to calculate time of service from usage and time?
A brain written by humans. :)

OP
E

erickh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class
A brain designed and written by humans. :)

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
According to the handbook for my S203 which is on ASSYST (and therefore decides when it wants to be serviced) it analyses the oil in iorder to do that. I've always considered the oil the most important item to maintain a healthy engine and coupled with the facts that my annual mileage is reducing and we do a lot of local stop/start trips, I normally have the car serviced way in front of any expected mileage requirement and for the first time ever, it's just started showing "B Service due in 30...29... 28 etc days" in the OBD window.

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
According to the handbook for my S203 which is on ASSYST (and therefore decides when it wants to be serviced) it analyses the oil in iorder to do that.

Does it actually analyse the oil or work it out from miles done, temeratures min/max and how long the journeys are?
My uneducated opinion is that ASSYST is all smoke and mirrors to 'show' a higher level of servicing intelligence.
I do hope there's more to it than I'm thinking, I'm just a doubting Thomas.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Does it actually analyse the oil or work it out from miles done, temeratures min/max and how long the journeys are?
My uneducated opinion is that ASSYST is all smoke and mirrors to 'show' a higher level of servicing intelligence.
I do hope there's more to it than I'm thinking, I'm just a doubting Thomas.
According to the handbook for my S203 which is on ASSYST (and therefore decides when it wants to be serviced) it analyses the oil in iorder to do that. I've always considered the oil the most important item to maintain a healthy engine and coupled with the facts that my annual mileage is reducing and we do a lot of local stop/start trips, I normally have the car serviced way in front of any expected mileage requirement and for the first time ever, it's just started showing "B Service due in 30...29... 28 etc days" in the OBD window.

Older ASSYST systems actually did measure oil quality and would deduct miles/time remaining depending on idle time, engine revs, journey times etc.

NEW ASSSYST just bases it on mileage/time as it makes more money for MB. MB have no reason to extend the service interval as long as possible.

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older ASSYST systems actually did measure oil quality and would deduct miles/time remaining depending on idle time, engine revs, journey times etc.

NEW ASSSYST just bases it on mileage/time as it makes more money for MB. MB have no reason to extend the service interval as long as possible.

I think mines just done on miles and time 2008 W204, for years I paid a set monthly fee for a service plan and only did around 4000 miles a year.
As I was paying the same as everyone else I would expect the same work to be done at the same intervals. They never offered a discount for the date extending and I suspect I got fewer parts fitted as some service parts would show as not needed due to low miles.
Hence my opinion of ASSYST not being a good thing from my point of view.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I think mines just done on miles and time 2008 W204, for years I paid a set monthly fee for a service plan and only did around 4000 miles a year.
As I was paying the same as everyone else I would expect the same work to be done at the same intervals. They never offered a discount for the date extending and I suspect I got fewer parts fitted as some service parts would show as not needed due to low miles.
Hence my opinion of ASSYST not being a good thing from my point of view.

Yes 204 would be the later one.

Nearly all options items are time/mileage so you probably had a similar number of parts fitted if you had the car more than 3 years....

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
With a play on words - i.e.: "Show me the Monet" it's £'s which drives most things and I think ASSYST came about as a means of safely (for MB) reducing operating costs for rental schemes. Bear in mind that it's not all that long ago when all cars had to have a first service (the so called "free service" because there was no charge) at around 1000 miles then it went in at roughly every 6000 etc but various brands started turning that on the head - I think Ford were the first ones to introduce 10,000 mile first service and ongoing intervals. For some brands going right back - such as those under the British Leyland umbrella that would have been unthinkable - heh heh when you picked up your shiny new car, if you found anything faulty the salesman's standard response was "They'll see to that on the first service...". And I said salesman because there were very few sales women back then.

At least it's true to say that motor vehicles really have improved dramatically over the years!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom