C Class coupe AMG

David862

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Coupe 2.2D premium 2018
Hi, im new so please be gentle..

Has anyone had issues with wiper judder on the above car? they are fine on a dry screen and also if i use the washer, but if it rains they judder bad and get worse the more it rains..

Its been back twice and had new wipers!

Many thanks, any advice welcome

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
As above. Clean the screen thoroughly using something like 000 grade wire wool and/or a razor blade.

This should get rid of any contaminants or old sealers which can cause the effect you are experiencing.

OP
D

David862

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the reply chaps,

Ive given the screen some elbow grease and still the same.. have read about the wire woll and razor blade but im worried about scrathing the screen?!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Wire wool is perfectly safe to use on a screen, just use the light grade stuff and not an old Brillo pad. ;)

OP
D

David862

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Will it need lubrication? ive used a clay bar on my old car would that not help?

Mercedes tryin to tell me that its a characteristic of the car :(

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
Will it need lubrication? ive used a clay bar on my old car would that not help?

Wait until you notice the passengers wing mirror jerk on unlock .... They will tell you the same thing. They will then also point out that its actually 2 or 3 inches longer than the drivers side. Then you will die inside. Just like I did!!

OP
D

David862

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wait until you notice the passengers wing mirror jerk on unlock .... They will tell you the same thing. They will then also point out that its actually 2 or 3 inches longer than the drivers side. Then you will die inside. Just like I did!!

Could live with that, tho its fine at the moment.. the wipers are terrible, it goes back again tomorrow! got a video in slow motion but its on my other laptop at home

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Ah yes... The good old "They all do that sir" routine when they can't fix something.

Juddering wipers are almost always a result of contaminants on the screen, wipers or both.
Can also be caused by wiper arms being bent or twisted. To counter the "They all do that" just tell them you thought an MB was nothing but the best and that a £7000 Dacia doesn't do it....

OP
D

David862

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Car went in today, and after i showed them the video they said straight away its not right.. Heres hoping when it comes back its sorted:shock:

OP
D

David862

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Update - Car went in, they kept it a week! Cleaned the window back with "mercedes" apporved cleaner, and i had a long drive to brands hatch in the rain when i got the car back. No different!!

i read on another thread that Bosch aero twin blades would possibly help. I have been and spent £30 on a pair and hey presto! they havent juddered at all for the few days ive had them on.. :)

Just peed of ive had to spend £30 of my dollar on a 2 month old car :(

OP
D

David862

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i want to but they will probably say "youve used non oem parts, so no! and the warranty on the wiper problem now void"

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Update - Car went in, they kept it a week! Cleaned the window back with "mercedes" apporved cleaner, and i had a long drive to brands hatch in the rain when i got the car back. No different!!

i read on another thread that Bosch aero twin blades would possibly help. I have been and spent £30 on a pair and hey presto! they havent juddered at all for the few days ive had them on.. :)

Just peed of ive had to spend £30 of my dollar on a 2 month old car :(
It really is depressing isn't it that MB take a week to show that they can't rectify juddering wiper blades. Good job it wasn't complicated eh?

OP
D

David862

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes it is really, although sods law it didnt rain all the week they had it..

bugs me more ive had to buy wiper blades for a 2 month old car! thank god for the forums..

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

The_Don

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few v8 Amg
A diesel car owner posting in the Amg section......

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
A newbie though. Possibly doesn't know what an AMG is because his car has "AMG trim".

It always surprised me that MB didn't use a different designation fror trim, such as AMG t.
Obviously people can buy AMG badges for any car but MB must annoy the AMG owners when they're a much higher price than a bit of trim.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom