A new game, called Spot a Parking Bay

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Or, it could be called "how to pay £50 for a free parking" (it's two hours free at this multi-storey) ...

31380778818_530bdbf0a9_o.jpg

It is hard to believe, anyone can that absent-minded - fair enough, you pulled into a non-existent bay, as the brain is taking a nap, but surely once you're out of the car, you could see there are no white lines around it?

Good job my car is only 3.9m long, so I got out without much trouble ...

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Entry level Audi driver...any surprise ?:)
If he'd been a full member he'd have parked further to the left to give the BMW more room to open his doors.

I'd have left a note on his windscreen to point out the error of his ways...

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Horse and carriage days?:)

I started driving in the 60s (not in the UK) and parking was always a problem.

Either that or he lived in Daventry - everywhere is free parking.

OP
Z

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think Northamptonshire County Council did that - a nice, neatly printed note, in a cute bright yellow pouch ... the delivery charge is a bit steep though :)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
If he'd been a full member he'd have parked further to the left to give the BMW more room to open his doors.

I once had a view from my office of a private parking bay (happened to belong to a model agency - and I spent a lot of time looking out the window) - people going to the nearby wine bar always parked there. They came up with a lovely solution of putting a large sheet of very sticky paper over the windscreen. It would take the driver about 30 minutes to remove it. I've often been tempted to keep some in my car to repay some of those really inconsiderate parkers ---my wife keeps reminding me that I am not the law:(

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

It happens so often- I thought about getting some cards printed ......:geek:

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 08.21.04.png Here's 1 Ive made and used earlier.

Did the trick. Print at A3, laminate and tape to the errant vehicle windscreen under the driver side wiper blade.

I have had vehicles removed from blocking my egress to the highway, costs about £180 a go for the registered keeper.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom