Millbrook and the Lamborghini Urus

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
5C07B445-03D2-4451-9242-226A152A3A17.jpeg I was fortunate to accompany a friend to Millbrook yesterday attending a Lamborghini Urus track day.

Weather was decent for such events and we had a pretty good trip from Norfolk.

On arrival you hand your camera/phones over and stickers are placed over the lens, these are also checked to be in place when you leave.

I have never been to Millbrook before and after a couple of coffees and a bite to eat I was offered a drive in one of these beasts.

Now some will feel I was wrong here but I declined the offer and handed the keys back to the professional driver asking him to do the drive.

At my age I no longer feel the urge to hurtle round corners and blast down the road but I do appreciate the skills involved hence my decision.

The driver I had was acknowledged by subsequent drives to be amongst the best on the track.

He took me firstly on the alpine track and the speeds he reached and cornering skills were awesome, the car took off on one of the hills where you would need to know the track as it was blind.

The way this car which is big handled was awesome.

We then went on the banked circular track and took the car up to around 140 mph it was stable and quiet considering the type of surface.

We then did the standing start down the straight reaching 168 mph before the brakes were applied and the car was awesome at pulling up.

After a break we then went to the off-road track and I had a drive on the circuit which included hills, mud and wet sand, the car was superb, I then handed the keys to the professional who showed me how it can be driven and it was fantastic the skills this man showed it was scarily quick and his hands were twitching back and forth keeping this beast on the track.

A fantastic day and one which I will remember for a long while.

Oh!

Would I buy one?

Probably if I could afford one but they start around £160,000 without extras but I still love my E350 and I’m not sure a 4 litre car is appropriate for my needs in retirement or more likely upsetting my good lady by parting with the money required.

The only photo I could take was the approach to the venue.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
View attachment 46303 I was fortunate to accompany a friend to Millbrook yesterday attending a Lamborghini Urus track day.

Weather was decent for such events and we had a pretty good trip from Norfolk.

On arrival you hand your camera/phones over and stickers are placed over the lens, these are also checked to be in place when you leave.

I have never been to Millbrook before and after a couple of coffees and a bite to eat I was offered a drive in one of these beasts.

Now some will feel I was wrong here but I declined the offer and handed the keys back to the professional driver asking him to do the drive.

At my age I no longer feel the urge to hurtle round corners and blast down the road but I do appreciate the skills involved hence my decision.

The driver I had was acknowledged by subsequent drives to be amongst the best on the track.

He took me firstly on the alpine track and the speeds he reached and cornering skills were awesome, the car took off on one of the hills where you would need to know the track as it was blind.

The way this car which is big handled was awesome.

We then went on the banked circular track and took the car up to around 140 mph it was stable and quiet considering the type of surface.

We then did the standing start down the straight reaching 168 mph before the brakes were applied and the car was awesome at pulling up.

After a break we then went to the off-road track and I had a drive on the circuit which included hills, mud and wet sand, the car was superb, I then handed the keys to the professional who showed me how it can be driven and it was fantastic the skills this man showed it was scarily quick and his hands were twitching back and forth keeping this beast on the track.

A fantastic day and one which I will remember for a long while.

Oh!

Would I buy one?

Probably if I could afford one but they start around £160,000 without extras but I still love my E350 and I’m not sure a 4 litre car is appropriate for my needs in retirement or more likely upsetting my good lady by parting with the money required.

The only photo I could take was the approach to the venue.

What a day, sounds really good. I have driven the Millbrook Banked Oval in a Lotus Carlton a few years back. It is said that, if you have the courage of course, you can drive the Oval without touching the steering wheel. Assuming that the tracking etc is set up right :rolleyes:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom