C63 Amg w204 B service main dealer cheaper than indie

The_Don

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few v8 Amg
Hi folks

I have my w204 c63 Amg booked in for a B service ( including activated charcoal filter ) plus brake fluid, air filters and lsd oil at Mb Guildford under there platinum plus rates next week -

https://www.sandown-group.co.uk/off...programme/5559/mercedes-benz/offerdetail.aspx

I will be supplying all my own genuine Mb parts which cost me approx £150 for 10l of oil, oil filter, two litres of brake fluid, two air filters, two litres of lsd oil and the activated charcoal filter.

Labour at Guildford is £273 plus my £150 for parts = £423, Mb Dartford and Bromley quoted in excess of £800 for the same service.

Wright Tech at Sidcup quoted £275 labour only so it just goes to show servicing at a main dealer can be good value with a little legwork.

Cheers

Ps I am The Don from the other side.

Last edited:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Do check that it still keeps mobilo intact etc. Some dealers offer cheaper servicing but it forgoes Mobilo extension on the older vehicles.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Do check that it still keeps mobilo intact etc. Some dealers offer cheaper servicing but it forgoes Mobilo extension on the older vehicles.

The difference in prices would buy a lot of AA/RAC/Green Flag/other recovery :rolleyes:

OP
T

The_Don

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few v8 Amg

It’s only the value service that excludes mobilo, every A or B service renews mobilo for the next twelve months for every car up to thirty years of age, one of my 1999 c43 Amgs still has mobilo cover.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The difference in prices would buy a lot of AA/RAC/Green Flag/other recovery :rolleyes:

I agree!

(10 years down the line when it needs rot repair may be another story though)

OP
T

The_Don

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few v8 Amg
It’s amazing.....

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
My Jaguar XF needed a belt and while doing it best to fit water pump , I got price from 2 indies quoted around 450 to 500
Had a bit of a pester with jaguar in belfast they done it for £450 so sometimes it’s worth trying the big boys.
I have found the same with some parts , certainly not all but some.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Mercedes quoted me £300 something to replace the water pump on my Smart Roadster (c£100 for the pump and drive belt). A local indie also phoned me back but before he offered his quote i told him Merc's quote. His reply was 'take it to Merc .... I'm twice as much'

It does pay to phone around ....

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
My local dealer don't do discounts, the price is the price.

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
This is an interesting thread (sorry for reviving)..

If value can be had from MB dealers that is great. Let's play devils advocate for a moment. Even if MB was slightly more expensive, how much do you think a complete MB service history record would affect the resale price? I guess in varying circumstances, it could either help you shift the motor quicker and/or get a better price?

I've just been onto Sandown in Guildford and their pricing didn't seem excessive to be honest. I just bought a 2010 S212 and bringing it to them to have an inspection + investigate a possible rear air suspension leak.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
T .....
Even if MB was slightly more expensive, how much do you think a complete MB service history record would affect the resale price? ....

IMHO ..... nothing on a 9 yr old car ;-)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
No difference at all, full service history is important, but where makes no difference (when you're selling...)

houseboss2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 09/09 (2010 my M273 Engine) Now completed 40K Palladium/Black
If I was searching for a like for like vehicle. The one with full and regular service history with the main dealer service records intact would be preferable to one with various service history allbeit with other garages. (still regular). I think this may pesuade the average buyer also.

Provenance is everything. Also having full invoices and preferably having been garaged, this make a massive difference.

Having said that, the independents take the trouble to talk to you and I always feel more confident with their working practices, they want to retain their customer base and it strikes me that their knowledge is much greater than the average main dealer technician.

The ones on this forum are without doubt the best out there.

Houseboss 2

Last edited:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If I was searching for a like for like vehicle. The one with full and regular service history with the main dealer service records intact would be preferable to one with various service history allbeit with other garages. (still regular)

Provenance is everything. Also having full invoices and preferably having been garaged, this make a massive difference.

Houseboss 2

If you're buying 2 years old, maybe, but the value is unaffected IMO, just makes it slightly more desirable on the second hand market vs one without.

Last edited:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Arguably a 5,6,7+ year old car might sell better therefore keep your asking price intact through evidence of a reliable Indy service record rather than main dealers who ‘allegedly ‘ may not do what they charge for :shock::rolleyes:

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
Yea fair points.

The main dealer service history is a bit of a difficult one really.. I remember a few years ago a VW main dealer cheekily admitted to my dad, that his indy was probably way better than the mechanics in the VW garage, but they were providing main dealer history.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom