Any F1 fans

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
They should indeed do less..... as you say, the aim is for more mechanical grip so the cars can follow closer, not sh4g their tyres within 2 laps when doing so..... hopefully permit more overtaking.

Best laid plans, etc!

The sooner the better, imho of course, :p

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
The merrygoround has started (see post 2693).
Goodbye Maurizio, and Good morning Mattia.

Nice timing guys!

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
The merrygoround has started (see post 2693).
Goodbye Maurizio, and Good morning Mattia.

Nice timing guys!
I think everyone knew that was coming...... Especially Maurizio.

I have to say I can not understand why an Italian would ever want to run the F1 team.

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
Ah ... but does everyone know that Verstappen will outdrive Lewis this coming season?
Perhaps each time they leave the circuit.................... I will just be interested in whether or not Max completes a race.......

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
He may out drive him but Verstappen lacks consistency and maturity - much like Vettel.

I have a feeling Vettel may get a grip on it this season.

He's an intelligent guy, and must realise that many of his lost points last season were due to poor impulse control! That and he's probably getting down to his last couple of lives with the Tifosi.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
He may out drive him but Verstappen lacks consistency and maturity - much like Vettel.

Give the guy a chance ... and watch this space. He matured very fast last season.
I'm convinced he'll be a season-long podium man ... far more consistent as a driver than last year.
Guess there's only one way to find out.

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
I don't understand this "Give Max a chance" and "he is young" - how long has he been in F1 now? Long enough.

But I can't wait to see what happens at Ferrari in terms of their drivers, both quali and racing.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
If they have equal help and equal kit, I suspect that is exactly what is going to happen.

Seb is the team leader and #1 in that team, same as every Ferrari team before. They have a #1 driver and a support driver (read yes man).
If LeClerc starts out qualifying Seb, then beating him, team orders might change. Until then, Seb is #1 driver.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Give the guy a chance ... and watch this space. He matured very fast last season.
I'm convinced he'll be a season-long podium man ... far more consistent as a driver than last year.
Guess there's only one way to find out.

A lot will depend on how far Honda have developed their engine in the close season.
The Red Bull with a Renault engine was still out performing the Hondas last year.

The driver I fear for is Daniel Ricciardo. The works Renault was pretty poor last year. I don't see him winning a single race this season.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
A lot will depend on how far Honda have developed their engine in the close season.
The Red Bull with a Renault engine was still out performing the Hondas last year.

The driver I fear for is Daniel Ricciardo. The works Renault was pretty poor last year. I don't see him winning a single race this season.
For him to jump ship to Renault would indicate to me that he knows or has been told stuff we peasants don't know. He obviously refused to play the support driver role for Merc or Ferrari which negated his chances there. Vettel would have been p1ssed if Ric became his team-mate with equal team position - he has been there before and been beaten.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

The interesting one will be STR, they are using the same type of arrangement HAAS have with Ferrari so it will really be a mini Red Bull car

Jasandjules

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Estate (s205)
The interesting one will be STR, they are using the same type of arrangement HAAS have with Ferrari so it will really be a mini Red Bull car
The issues will all be surrounding the reliability and power output of the Honda IMHO....

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
For him to jump ship to Renault would indicate to me that he knows or has been told stuff we peasants don't know.

Hopefully he has some insider info like Lewis did when he moved from McLaren to Mercedes, At the time, most of us thought he was nuts!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom